Literal Standard Version (LSV) Bible

Fabian

Thanks Fabian! Never heard of this translation before, but I am excited to look into it in accordance!

• Thanks 1

I was pleasantly surprised that the Accordance download is an actual Accordance file. 😃 All you have to do is open it in Accordance from the File menu.

I'm excited to have a modern version of the Young's Literal Translation. With all the new Bible versions we've been flooded with, this is the one niche that appears neglected. An extremely literal version is particularly helpful to the beginning biblical language student. It's useful for checking your basic knowledge and serves as an intermediate point between your native language and a more interpretive translation of the biblical languages. Just keep in mind that its NT mostly follows the Textus Receptus. That's one drawback to this version, but it's still good to have.

Edited by Daniel L
  • Thanks 1

I confess that in my MDiv introductory language classes, I often checked my translation with Young’s Literal Translation. 

• 11 months later...

I would really like to be able to use this on my mobile devices, but I can't since it's a "user Bible." To refresh you, the publisher provides it for free here. Would you please make this available as an official module?

It's published by Covenant Christian Coalition -- covenantpress@ccc.one   214-945-4302

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel L said:

I would really like to be able to use this on my mobile devices, but I can't since it's a "user Bible." To refresh you, the publisher provides it for free here. Would you please make this available as an official module?

It's published by Covenant Christian Coalition -- covenantpress@ccc.one   214-945-4302

The Bible from the ePub is better as the txt file. I've done my own on the basis of the ePub. But not error free. Some uppercase are missing.

The version to download is buggy in the Psalms. After Ps 3. I reported it but it is still there. It is not in parallel with the other English Bibles. They used the KJV verse mapping not the TLAB, or the LUTH12.

But best would be Accordance goes in contact with them, to get the latest version.

Edited by Fabian

My new version. 

Changes to my previous ePub version: The lowercases after question (?) and exclamation (!) marks are now uppercase.

To be like the KJV the headings of the Psalm must be relocated to a verse 0. But I see the LSV does it in front of the verses 1. This seems to be related of the limited features of e-sword and theWord. In this case. They are on other features ahead of Accordance.

The good point I can change it if you wish.

Literal Standard Version°.acc2.zip

Edited by Fabian

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2022 at 10:54 AM, Fabian said:

On  https://ebible.org/study/?v1=JN1_1&t1=local%3Aenglsv&w1=bible&w2=bible&t2=local%3Agrcmt&v2=JN1_1 it is with Strong‘s. So definitely a case for @Mark Allison for a module from Accordance. 

@Mark Allison This Bible has Strong's too. 

Fabian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent a request to Covenant Press. I'll let you know the status as soon as I hear back from them.

• Like 1

Just heard back from Covenant Press. I have the files and will start working on it asap. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Just heard back from Covenant Press. I have the files and will start working on it asap. 

With Strong's?

46 minutes ago, Fabian said:

With Strong's?

The files they sent me don't have Strong's number tagging. That might have been something that ebible.org added themselves. I've contacted Covenant Press for more info.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

The files they sent me don't have Strong's number tagging. That might have been something that ebible.org added themselves. I've contacted Covenant Press for more info.

I guess the files you get is the same as they have on the website. BTW the EPUB there is better than the txt file. I hope they have sent you their original file. 

11 minutes ago, Fabian said:

I guess the files you get is the same as they have on the website. BTW the EPUB there is better than the txt file. I hope they have sent you their original file. 

I now have the files with Strong's number tagging. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I now have the files with Strong's number tagging. 

To ask again was worth it😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fabian said:

I'm going to create an associated Tools module that streams the audio files too 🙂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fabian said:

This is a little bit what I purposed with the thread about the crippled modules. Not simply receive the small amount of material you get, BUT asking is there MORE. 

Notes, Strong's, Appendix, Wörterbuch (German Bibles often have this), audio files, apparatus, or have you also more text to offer? We take them ALL, images, intros (For each book (The Einheitsübersetzung have this, they are lacking in Accordance)),  and so forth.

Make a list. I gave you now some hints, also what is missing and ASK this. Then you can avoid crippled modules. 

• Like 2