Poll: Light or Dark Mode?

Dr. Nathan Parker

Do you run Accordance in Light Mode or Dark Mode, and if so, why?

If you also use a particular color theme in Accordance, which one do you use and why?

Light mode since it is easier to see.

Canyon since it is the least distracting. I found several of the other themes very pretty, but Canyon makes it easier to concentrate on my work.

• Like 1

I prefer light mode because it is easier on the eyes, in my opinion.

As far as theme, I used Spanish Moss (I think that is what it is called). I find it aesthetically pleasing. 

• Like 1

I often spend double digit hours on screens each day. Dark mode is MUCH easier on my eyes over a long period. 

• Like 1

Dark mode, because Jesus is my Light!😁

• Haha 1

I have tried dark mode, but greatly still prefer light. Not a theme guy.

Canyon and light mode are my preferred combination. Dark mode reminds me of those days with black background and green ASCII characters on terminals of my past—oh my! 

—Joseph 

Light mode, although most of my other software I run in dark. The icons are weird in Accordance dark mode, and for reasons I cannot explain, it is harder for me to use than light mode. Maybe a good designer could do whatever tweaks it would take to get the tones right; it just feels odd to me for some reason. So I run light mode.

• Like 1

Customized Tuscany or Canyon in light mode.  I don't care for the dark mode.

light mode - spanish moss - dark mode and accordance don't do it for me - I would love a couple of extra themes though

I use Canyon (with slight modification) during the day, and after sunset use dark (again with slight moderation). I have my fonts set to gray both day and night.

On Win 11: Dark mode makes it hard to see some things. I usually use Canyon Theme. But I do also customize my text displays for various versions to darken them a bit.

3 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

Light mode, although most of my other software I run in dark. The icons are weird in Accordance dark mode, and for reasons I cannot explain, it is harder for me to use than light mode. Maybe a good designer could do whatever tweaks it would take to get the tones right; it just feels odd to me for some reason. So I run light mode.

It's been said before. Accordance often seems darker than other macOS dark mode apps. 

Better than Logos' dark mode though, which is a weird bluish hue.

Edited by A. Smith

Always light mode. On every app.

Thanks! I've alternated between the two.

For Accordance itself, Light Mode is pretty good (although so is Dark Mode, especially on the Mac app).

The rest of the Mac UI I prefer Dark mode as Light Mode on newer macOS releases is too light.

On Windows, Light Mode still seems to be a decent shade.

Honestly, I prefer the color scheme of Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard plus iOS 6 or before. It was a good balance between light and dark, and I never remembered complaining of eye strain.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Do you run Accordance in Light Mode or Dark Mode, and if so, why?

I use light mode because dark mode is not neat at all on Windows. 

image.thumb.png.0a67f064ea8d22c206093e809ba42ea4.png

image.thumb.png.874a02625af8eeea38cdc45b3e5a281e.png

I would love to use dark mode if it actually works.

• Like 1

Here's my fresh startup:

image.thumb.png.b4ac3006bd960190476045c9fdec2080.png

I am really looking forward to a genuine dark mode for Windows!

Light mode is easier for me to see. I am currently running Azure with modified fonts, which is new to me. Previously I used Canyon.

Dark Mode but with a Light Background.image.thumb.png.67f1cbf1a3210cff8938e619796116ab.png

At the moment, I'm trying Dark Mode on Mac, Light Mode on Windows. Might keep running with it for a while.

• Like 1

I use Dark Mode for as many applications as I can due to the length of time each day on a computer, it helps avoid the brightness burning holes in my retinas :)

However, I have not yet updated and tried Dark Mode (been too busy). Below is a link to an old post of mine showing what colour schemes i currently use to alleviate eye strain and why, if it helps others.

a link to

definitely light mode with Spanish Moss

Xnapper-2024-04-24-19.27.18.jpg

54 minutes ago, cweber said:

it helps avoid the brightness burning holes in my retinas

Same here!

I work in a dark office with a desk lamp (on purpose). The darkness helps me focus, and dark mode prevents me from being blinded by my screen.

When I'm working in a bright room, I prefer light mode because it corresponds to the ambient lighting.

MacOS: Dark Mode

• Text color (for Texts and Tools) adjusted to #b1b1b1 (light grey). This is easier on my eyes.
  • Search results adjusted to my system color schema.

image.thumb.png.846bf9b9744b965a6808d2d6cf8e10f5.png

Windows: Light Mode (Win. Acc. dark mode is still garbage 😅)

• Accordance in Spanish Moss
  • Texts in Slate theme
  • Tools in Vintage theme

image.png.c33bcb57668c7f5ff3e5ddc51ea31a12.png

iOS: Dark Mode

• No adjustments made