Accordance 13 update for Sonoma 14.3?

rough2000

Can I still expect that there will be an update? Or is it just a rhetoric?

We recommend macOS Sonoma 14.3 users run Accordance 14 for the best experience, as well as the best experience moving forward with macOS updates.

• 2 weeks later...

If we have Accordance 13 and are on Mac OS Sonoma is upgrading to 14 the only solution? My install of Accordance 13.x launches and keeps telling me it can not find my installed resources.

Accordance 14 is definitely more optimized for Sonoma, especially Sonoma 14.3. If you want Accordance 14, I'd recommend reaching out to Sales to make sure you get the best upgrade path.

You can try contacting Tech Support as well, but Accordance 14 is your best option.

• Like 1

I just bought a new MacBook Pro with the M3 Max chip in it. It is running Sonoma 14.4. It seemed to install Accordance 14.0.9 okay, but when I went to "Check for Content Updates" the progress bar started for a few seconds and then froze. It never completed the check for module updates. I had no other option but to Force Quit Accordance and reopen it. When I reopened Accordance and tried to "Check for Content Updates" again, it did the same thing. It started checking for a few seconds and then froze. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 hour ago, preterist1 said:

I just bought a new MacBook Pro with the M3 Max chip in it. It is running Sonoma 14.4. It seemed to install Accordance 14.0.9 okay, but when I went to "Check for Content Updates" the progress bar started for a few seconds and then froze. It never completed the check for module updates. I had no other option but to Force Quit Accordance and reopen it. When I reopened Accordance and tried to "Check for Content Updates" again, it did the same thing. It started checking for a few seconds and then froze. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm running last years MacBook Pro M2 Max and have not had any problems. There seems to be some variables in play with each of the M series chips as some Accordance users have had problems that other have not had. It's probably best to contact Tech Support and let them walk you through things.

• Like 1

I mentioned to my wife that I was having this difficulty with Accordance and she reminded me that she is running Accordance with no problems on her iMac (Intel 2019) which has MacOS 14.4 Sonoma installed on it. That made me wonder if the problem might be coming from the M3 Max processor chip. Then when I logged on to the user forums here to suggest that as a possibility to consider, I found your above suggestion [Lester P. Bailey]. I will share all of this info with the Tech Support folks at Accordance. Maybe we have focused too much attention on Sonoma as the source of the problems when instead it might be coming from the new M3 Max processor chips. That needs to be taken into serious consideration. Perhaps Apple can find a work-around solution to this?

I'll bring this up with our programmers as well. It's probably something we'd have to look into.

Anyone else having success on a non-Max M3 chip? Curious if it's all M3 chips or certain models.

On 3/15/2024 at 1:19 AM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I'll bring this up with our programmers as well. It's probably something we'd have to look into.

Anyone else having success on a non-Max M3 chip? Curious if it's all M3 chips or certain models.

With an M3 Pro, macOS 14.4, and Accordance 14.0.9, Check for Updates works for me, though there are no free updates available. I did download a few purchases, and that worked.

• 1 month later...

Freezing at check updates, along with multiple listings of resources. I have a M3 Max chip.

Accordance is completely unusable at this time. Any potential solutions?

On 3/14/2024 at 12:34 PM, Lester P. Bagley said:

I'm running last years MacBook Pro M2 Max and have not had any problems. There seems to be some variables in play with each of the M series chips as some Accordance users have had problems that other have not had. It's probably best to contact Tech Support and let them walk you through things.

Yes, this!

I am running Accordance 14 on a 14 inch, MacBook Pro M2 Pro and I have found it to be very stable.

16 hours ago, Frank Jones said:

Freezing at check updates, along with multiple listings of resources. I have a M3 Max chip.

Make sure you're on 14.0.9, and if you're still having issues, please email Tech Support.

22 hours ago, Frank Jones said:

I installed Accordance 14.0.9 on my new 16-inch MacBook Pro M3 Max running macOS Sonoma 14.4. Accordance seemed to open and run okay. But when I went to Check for Module Updates it froze and had to be "force quit." A few days later I was poking around in the list of modules in my Library and noticed that I had multiple duplicates of some of the TEXT modules. I deleted all of the duplicates and then restarted my computer and reopened Accordance and Checked for updates. Same thing happened. It froze and had to be force quit. Then over the next week or so, whenever I got a spare minute or two, I went on a "search and destroy" mission to find any more duplicate modules that might be lurking somewhere in my Library. Sure enough I found several more duplicate modules in the PARALLELS folder. After removing those duplicates, I did the "Check for Updates" again AND IT WORKED! Evidently the duplicate modules were the cause of the freezing when it checked for updates. So, maybe try looking through your list of modules in your Library and see if there are any duplicates. You will need to look in every folder in your Library. If you find any duplicates, control-click to select the duplicate and then delete it (move it to the trash). Hopefully that will solve your problems. Let me know if that helps.

I’m gonna try doing that and see if it works for me. I recently got a new laptop and it was doing the exact same thing. The techs nor myself were able to stop it from freezing every time I hit the update content . From their standpoint know one else were having the issues from the new update . I ended up with multiple duplicates in my library as well.

There's a handful of people seeing this issue (so far hasn't cropped up for me). Keep us posted.

• Like 1

I tried deleting the modules that I had multiples of, but it didn’t help . I seldom use the content update, which is the only issue that I have since I switched laptops .  Honestly I’m hoping when another accordance update come it will fix the issue. As the tech mentioned to me after about two weeks trying to get the resolve it must be something that happened while transferring data. They couldn’t reproduce it on their end.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:38 PM, preterist1 said:

I installed Accordance 14.0.9 on my new 16-inch MacBook Pro M3 Max running macOS Sonoma 14.4. Accordance seemed to open and run okay. But when I went to Check for Module Updates it froze and had to be "force quit." A few days later I was poking around in the list of modules in my Library and noticed that I had multiple duplicates of some of the TEXT modules. I deleted all of the duplicates and then restarted my computer and reopened Accordance and Checked for updates. Same thing happened. It froze and had to be force quit. Then over the next week or so, whenever I got a spare minute or two, I went on a "search and destroy" mission to find any more duplicate modules that might be lurking somewhere in my Library. Sure enough I found several more duplicate modules in the PARALLELS folder. After removing those duplicates, I did the "Check for Updates" again AND IT WORKED! Evidently the duplicate modules were the cause of the freezing when it checked for updates. So, maybe try looking through your list of modules in your Library and see if there are any duplicates. You will need to look in every folder in your Library. If you find any duplicates, control-click to select the duplicate and then delete it (move it to the trash). Hopefully that will solve your problems. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for the possible work around. I am thankful that it worked for you.

I reinstalled the Sonoma twice and then installed Accordance. Each time the same problem as you described. I have removed the program completely, including the library files. I will wait for 14.0.10 and then decide whether to retry. Between the bugs in the latest Accordance release and the fiasco of Logos reinventing itself into a subscription service, my investments in each platform are on hold. Disappointing. 

FRANK, you did not say whether you had any duplicate modules in your Accordance Library. That needs to be checked. If there are any duplicate modules, you will need to remove those, and then go to Easy Install first. After that finishes installing any missing modules, then you can check for module updates. That is the order in which I did it, and it worked for me. The key thing is to go through your whole library of modules to see if there are any duplicates. If you find any, delete them. Then run the Easy Install to add any missing modules back into your Library. Give it a try.

Yes, I did have duplicates. I will try again in the upcoming days.