Widget request

Robb B

In the next version of the widget I would like to see an option to suppress poetry when pasting the biblical text into a word processor. Thanks!

Yes, same here.

I've only just started using the widget on occasion, but the way the text is pasted (as a citation) has been annoying.

Also a feature to not abbreviate book names in the reference will be welcome.

All these options are available in Accordance, but they would comlicate the widget interface which is supposed to be kept very simple.

All these options are available in Accordance, but they would comlicate the widget interface which is supposed to be kept very simple.

I don't mind a complicated interface as long as it does what I want it to do.

Besides, all the options/features are simply checkboxes on the back of the widget. What's so complicated about that?

I agree with Alistair. A couple more checkboxes would give us much more control over how the text pastes, and it doesn't seem overly complicated to me. The Widget is a great tool with great potential. It would be nice to see its potential realized.

We actually looked at the possibility of doing citation formatting in the widget itself, but decided against it for several reasons. As Helen mentioned, it would clutter the widget interface, and even then, we would only have room for one or two formatting options. Besides that, doing this in the widget would mean that those formatting options would not be available when copying as citation within Accordance.

That doesn't mean that these kinds of formatting options are not a possibility, only that we are planning on a still more excellent way. Our intention is to allow the user to customize the citation format within the Accordance preferences. This will give us the room to make a wider variety of options available, and will affect both the pasting from the widget AND copying as citation from within Accordance.

The only problem is, we haven't been able to get to it yet. Hopefully it will be coming soon.

Thanks David,

That's a positive and helpful response. I'd rather wait for something better than settle for a quick hack right now.

Archived