Background Colors for Texts & Tools

Brent Lawrence

The 1.6 update is great.

I was attempting to change the background color for texts and tools, but noticed no change no matter what color I chose. Using the iPad 3rd gen.

• Like 1

If you change the global settings (Library > Settings) you need to reload the text/tool view for the changes to take place. Can you check to see if this works?

Also if night mode is turned on we don't allow any color changes.

If you change the global settings (Library > Settings) you need to reload the text/tool view for the changes to take place. Can you check to see if this works?

I think I did this and it didn't change color. Reloading the view would be moving away from the current text/tool and then opening it again? I definitely do not have it in night mode.

Ok. Call off the bug search. It seems to be working just fine. Sorry about that. Happy New Year!

I will say that it seems like the colors are faint, but when I changed it to Rose, there was a definite color change. My guess is that we should not be realizing stark color changes, but those that are more subtle?

Brent - The colors are pale, but can be distinguished from one another. The Sky is definitely but subtilely blue, the Mint a pale green, Book is a slightly yellowish off-white, Newprint slightly gray. Rose is pale, too. The Parchment has the most color, IMO, and I think all are preferable to white.

Brent - The colors are pale, but can be distinguished from one another. The Sky is definitely but subtilely blue, the Mint a pale green, Book is a slightly yellowish off-white, Newprint slightly gray. Rose is pale, too. The Parchment has the most color, IMO, and I think all are preferable to white.

Thanks Julie. I'm not sure what happened the first time around unless I just didn't refresh the text/tool I was looking at, but I'm now noticing the colors. I definitely like Parchment the best.

My eyes could just be failing me...

Brent - You have another disadvantage, being male. Men do not detect subtile differences in color to the extent that women do. My eyes aren't improving any, either - one of the worst things about getting old. I really don't mind the white hair and wrinkles because they don't effect how I function. I just fix myself up in the morning as best I can, and avoid mirrors the rest of the day.