Accordance, Office, and 10.4.7

Helen Brown

A user asks:

When I add Accordance to my laptop,which runs on OS X.4.7, my Microsoft Office for Mac won't launch. I performed an Erase and Install on my computer before, thinking it was the OSX. But the second time I reloaded the software I loaded the Accordance last, so I noticed the Microsoft worked fine until I reloaded the Accordance. Now Office won't launch any longer.

Has anyone seen this problem, and is anyone successfully running these two programs in this system?

Guest frgpeter
A user asks:

Has anyone seen this problem, and is anyone successfully running these two programs in this system?

Running just fine on my MBP at 10.4.7 Use the office apps and Accordance simultaneously.

G. Peter David

I have both running on an ibook. Make sure you have the most current updates for office.

Lord bless!

Helen,

Are you meaning Office X or 2004? Where are you installing each? In Applications folder?

And do you mean you're getting this issue upon installing 10.4.7 from 10.3? or just the recent upgrade from 10.4.6?

This is EXTREMELY hard to imagine there's not another factor involved.

Helen, can you ask the user if s/he is not able to open Office applications by double-clicking the applications directly or is it the case that Office apps do not launch when double-clicking documents/attachments? If it's the latter, all that may be required is to Get Info on a single Word/Excel/PowerPoint document and manually resetting the "Open with" setting (this latter scenario happened to someone I know recently). Of course, Repair Disk Permissions is also worth trying.

I have Office 2004 working alongside Accordance – with no problems.

I came across this the other day which may be connected with the problem. Since Accordance installs fonts, the problem could be in this area.

The problem described could be connected to “The “corrupt font error” issue”. It is described as “unpredictable” and affects only a small percentage of Office users, no one can reproduce it consistently. Office will report perfectly good fonts as corrupt, and this can cause start up problems for Word 2004.

You can see more information see Beth Rosengard’s article “Corrupt Font Errors in Word 2004/OS X 10.4.x (Tiger)” at http://word.mvps.org/mac/CorruptFontErrors.html - about half way down the page there is a “box” describing a workaround.

E

I had the same problem with Word 2004, and decided to delete it a go back to Office X. Impossible to launch without getting that annoying message - and my fonts are not corrupt. They are nice and honest. Word is corrupt :-) Somehow I understand why my advisor still uses Word 5.1 :-)

I have Office 2004 working alongside Accordance

Archived