User Notes added on iPad not syncing to Dropbox automatically

Lance

I'm assuming that when one adds or edits a user note on an iOS device the dropbox file should update instantly, or almost? Is this correct?

Last night I added a note on my iPad. It would now appear that the dropbox file didn’t update. A manually initiated dropbox sync was apparently needed to get the changes to the dropbox file.

Syncing with Dropbox is not done automatically but must be initiated manually just like WiFi syncing with the desktop. This is by design and I agree that it is a limitation. Automatic, asynchronous syncing is planned for a future version. But we have to do some internal restructuring first.

Thanks for the explanation, Scott. If automatic synching is some way off, might it be possible to add a dialog reminding the user to sync?

The workflow might be something like: type / edit a user note --> press 'done' --> get a dialog "sync with dropbox now?" --> Yes / No

If automatic synching is some way off, might it be possible to add a dialog reminding the user to sync? The workflow might be something like: type / edit a user note --> press 'done' --> get a dialog "sync with dropbox now?" --> Yes / No

Oh no! I would start hating this app after the second or third reminder. Better remember to sync at the end of the session.

Oh no! I would start hating this app after the second or third reminder. Better remember to sync at the end of the session.

Fair point, brother. In that case I'll modify the suggestion to suggest it as an optional setting which the user can enable or disable as desired. For me at least, it would be a matter of developing the habit of syncing new notes, which I think the reminder would serve. Once the habit is formed I'd disable it.

I guess an alternative might be for the reminder to popup when one leaves the app (assuming that's possible on iOS?). But I don't want to make it too complicated for the devs, especially for what would be a transitional function anyway.