Font size for original languages in iOS

Michael J. Bolesta

Scott et al

Congratulations and thank you for Accordance 1.6 for iOS. So far I have enjoyed it, and find the interface pleasing.

One request for future versions: allow one to independently set the font size for Hebrew and Greek (and other original languages) separate from English. Old eyes like mine need the original languages large enough to discern the vowel points and accents, but then the English is overly large, especially on the iPhone.

Thanks again. Accordance iOS has made great strides for a version 1.x app.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

You can set the font size and Use as Default for each text independently, by tapping the AA button. This was implemented in a previous rev, and made a huge difference. Just scroll to the bottom of All Display Settings to make them the default.

I know about the size button, but when I increase the size of Greek or Hebrew and tap "All Display Settings" then tap "Save" to "Set TExt Display for "GNT-T"" the appearance is great. But if I switch to something else, then return, the GNT (or HMT) is back to the default size (i.e., the English setting). It also reverts to global default if I quit ("kill") the app and reopen it later.

The adjustment for a specific text does not seem to stick (iPhone 4, iOS 6.01, Accordance for iOS 1.6).

Oops! Sorry, I did not notice the "Use AS Default for HMT-W4" at the bottom of the "Display Setting"

This is huge! Problem solved! Thanks Helen, Scott et al.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

The only issue is that if you then alter the main default setting in some way you lose all the individual ones you have set up. Not a big issue but did happen to me when I was playing around with the settings.

The only issue is that if you then alter the main default setting in some way you lose all the individual ones you have set up. Not a big issue but did happen to me when I was playing around with the settings.

Good to know. Thanks!