Instant details for iOS

Guntis

My suggestion how to implement "instant details" for Accordance iOS version. Accordance could have two selection modes:

1) Lookup (tap-and-hold), then move finger from one word to another, instant details popup window appears and shows details for that word. Releasing finger would cause it to fade out in 1 second. Unless I tap on it anywhere to "pin" it for further action: I can choose from it some lookup information.

2) Selection (tap-and-hold), then move finger across the words/sentences to select that text and highlight it.

How to switch between these two modes? Either by button, or what I'd prefer, by a simple gesture for lookup just tap-and-hold, but for the selection double-tap-and-hold.

Added 2012.12.28:

3) Actually both modes could be merged into one. Kindle app for the iPad proves it. Tap-and-move highlights text. Very easy to do! Tap-and-hold, word is selected and popup window shows dictionary for that word, but the selected word also has selection handles which I can move and adjust for defining highlighter's range.

Edited by Guntis