German booknames in user tools

Manfred

Hi there.

I am very happy with Accordance. And after some weeks of usage I slowly learn all the features and possiblities.

But I noticed an issue on writing my own user comments or user tools. If I reference a scripture it only is possible to reference it with the english bookname or abbrevation. In the searchwindow however it possible to use german booknames, too.

I have switched "use english booknames" in the preferences to off.

Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Manfred

Manfred:

The issue of German names is complex. As far as display of Bible texts is concerned, Use English Book names simply uses the primary list of names, and when it is turned off, the secondary list is used. You can see the list of names for the selected text pane in List All Book Names in the Display menu. Thus, some German Bibles (those on our own CD-ROMs) have primary English names and secondary German book names. The German Bibles on the Mac Bibel Bilbliothek CD-ROM may have two German lists (Catholic and Protestant) depending on the Bible.

We also, with version 6.9.2, created an alternate list of names and abbreviations for verse entry in the program itself. This is not comprehensive but does allow for standard German variants such a 1Mo for Genesis. I tested it in both a User Tool and a User Note and it worked fine.

Hi Helen.

We also, with version 6.9.2, created an alternate list of names and abbreviations for verse entry in the program itself. This is not comprehensive but does allow for standard German variants such a 1Mo for Genesis. I tested it in both a User Tool and a User Note and it worked fine.

Interesstingly with the Mose books it works. "Gen" is accepted and "1Mose" also.

But e.g. "Jesaja" or "Jes", "Kolosser" or "Kol" instead of "Is" and "Col" not.

Regards,

Manfred

Archived