Print error #-30870

Mark Hebert

After clicking on "Okay" in the error dialog, I get another one with "Print error #-30875". After clicking on "Okay", I then have a "spinning beach ball" and can't do anything, but the menubar seems properly populated with the Accordance menus. I have to force quit the application.

Two questions:

Are you still getting the errors after a reboot?

Were you trying to print something from Accordance (or another application) at the time the error messages appeared?

When exactly does this dialog come up? Is this the first time you have run 7.0.1? What version did you have before?

There are so many unknowns. One of our tech support people will contact you directly by Monday at the latest.

Helen,

I reported this to you earlier via email. Since I needed Accordance before you were able to get back to me (no problem - I understand busy!), I copied the whole directory over from my desktop and it now works fine.

I still don't know what was wrong, but I did get to my sermon work.

Dave

David:

Just sent you an email promising help. We do need to track this down, but your message drowned in the flood this week, and it's 1 am in Israel now, I really can't help either of you directly.

When exactly does this dialog come up? Is this the first time you have run 7.0.1? What version did you have before?

There are so many unknowns. One of our tech support people will contact you directly by Monday at the latest.

I had successfully launched 7.0.1 (and 7.0 prior to that) after upgrading from 6.4. This was new for me, but I was able to get past the problem by reinstalling the 7.0.1 update and rebooting. I'll let you know if it happens again.

By the way, I'm running OS X 10.4.6 on a MacBook Pro with 2GB RAM. I've also checked the Console for any further data but saw nothing related to printing or Accordance.

I've made another discovery regarding this error. It appears that I had previously printed to a printer (Canon MP500 shared from another Mac) that was no longer available since I had changed networks. I went to the Print & Fax preference pane and changed "Selected Printer in Print Dialog:" from "Last Printer Used" to a specific printer and the problem went away. Oddly enough, I had not see this error with other apps, but I'll give this a try soon.

Archived