Version 7 user tool

Alistair

I'm creating a user tool in version 7, but when I add the red "T" and the other red numbers in the margin they don't align with the text. They appear one line above. Or, rather, the first line of my text appears below the level of the first "T".

I have the same offset red "T" on an existing user tool (created in Accordance 6.9.2). The offset "T" only appeared after upgrading to Accordance 7.0.0

I waited until Accordance 7.0.1 came out - but the offset is still there. It doesn't cause too much concern - just click in the right place and the icon appears a line above. To get rid of the T - click on the line below.

I noticed another anomaly too - for example with text like "heavens and the earth" - if I double click "heavens" and sweep the cursor along the line I highlight everything as expected. BUT if I double click on the word "earth" and sweep back along the line, I only highlight "heavens and the" - that is I lose a word!

It seems as if the cursor programming is not quite right - I am using system 10.4.6 - maybe the problem isn't there with an earlier OS.

E

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem now. Is there a solution?

The red T is offset because of the new margins, and will be corrected in the next rev. It still works but is disconcerting. The selection anomaly is peculiar to Accordance, I think, and may be related to the way it can handle text that is left to right or right to left.

The red T is offset because of the new margins, and will be corrected in the next rev. It still works but is disconcerting. The selection anomaly is peculiar to Accordance, I think, and may be related to the way it can handle text that is left to right or right to left.

I have noticed another annoying phenomenon too. When I have the User Tool Edit Window open to a subsection of a user tool that has a T at the top of the window, I cannot remove the T by clicking in the margin under the T. Instead I have to return to the User Tool Viewer, scroll up above the section with the T, place the cursor in that section to reopen the edit window, scroll down ward to the position of the T and then *sometimes* I can remove the T by clicking in the margin. If there is a T in the paragraph at the top of the edit window, it is impossible to scroll that window above the T paragraph.

Archived