V7 Issue: I/O Error #-120 in the file ""

Rich

I receive the following when launching my brand spanking new V7:

I/O Error #-120 in the file ""

It also occurs every time I try to go to any text. My intention was that I upgraded over my current V6 installation. I received no errors during the install.

Thoughts?

One user reported that turning off File Vault solved this.

Hmmm... I'm not using File Vault. I'll double check to make sure the permissions are appropriate.

That user reports:

Well, File Vault is back on, and the problem seems to have disappeared. I repaired the permission several times since the problem first appeared...and now it seems to be working fine.

I'll let you know if anything else comes up.

I would try repairing permisssions on the hard drive.

I would try repairing permisssions on the hard drive.

Someone from OakTree contacted me via email but I've misplaced that email.

I'm still having this issue. I've repaired the permissions too many times to count. I've verified that I do NOT have FileVault on. I've also even tried running Accordance via a sudo open... No dice... still get the same error. I couldn't find any errors in any of the console logs.

I would be happy to help however I can - but again, I misplaced the email address of the gentleman who contacted me.

Is it possible for you to move/archive your Accordance folder, then do a fresh 6.x install of the application and a module or two, then apply the 7 upgrade to see if it might have been an issue with your prior Accordance 6.x setup (a corrupt preference file is my best guess)?

If 7 runs for you like this, you could then drag all the texts and tools from your original installation back into the appropriate folders inside the Modules folder and re-add them (though you will have to re-enter codes) by double-clicking them or using the Arrange Modules feature in version 7.

Another trouble shooting option would be to set up a new fresh user account, then install for that account. That would tell you if it was something system level or user level...

Tom

Another trouble shooting option would be to set up a new fresh user account, then install for that account. That would tell you if it was something system level or user level...

Tom

That's not a bad idea--though one doesn't even need to install anything, since simply logging in and running Accordance will create a fresh set of preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/, which is a worthwhile troubleshooting step in itself. And if you did install, you might still have to move/rename the original folder.

We believe we have corrected this problem, as well as some other bugs. We had technical problems with the website, and a deluge of orders today, but I will post 7.0.1 ASAP.

Archived