Rotherham's Emphasized Bible

Scott Peterson

See here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uokyt4so3i5crth/AAC4AYwqCl3Fl17FPWd1SC1Va?dl=0

This is a file I made. But the verses are not correct (they do not synchronize with the ESV for 1 or 2 verses), perhaps someone can correct this and repost the corrected text.

Hans

• Like 1

See here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uokyt4so3i5crth/AAC4AYwqCl3Fl17FPWd1SC1Va?dl=0

This is a file I made. But the verses are not correct (they do not synchronize with the ESV for 1 or 2 verses), perhaps someone can correct this and repost the corrected text.

Hans

Hello Hans,

I just now downloaded a copy of your work and it looks to be very nice in BBEdit.  I'd like to pull this into Accordance and see how it looks compared to the KJV as well.  Adding a User Notes file to accompany this that would incorporate Rotherham's notes would get a lot of good information out to people.  The emphasis marking in the text would also need to be added in, but this is a very good foundation.

Sometimes I wonder if some Accordance user made modules could be built as a team effort, with the work divided amongst the team so that it actually gets done.  I tried this in about 1998 with The Companion Bible by Bullinger and we did not get all that far very quickly, but then again the Internet was still pretty new and people were still on BBS systems and GEnie type dial up services.  We were in constant kludge mode.  I still have some of the pages that we did and the html/css actually looks like a printed page in The Companion Bible if you hold it sideways and look at it out of the corner of your eye.

I'm getting too pooped out today to do much with this, but I will certainly have a go with it tomorrow... my last day of vacation.   :(

Thank you for your work on this.  It is appreciated, as is the work that Fabian did.

Cheers,

Michael

Hans

Hello Hans,

Where specifically does your text not align with the ESV?  I just pulled it into Accordance and I'm loving it.

Well, seeing that i actually need this resource, I went ahead and created a new account at Logos and purchased it.  Man, getting a new account fixed many of the issues with Logos that I was dealing with before.  The account on the old email address was sending ghost data for resources that I had transferred to a study colleague quite some time ago.  Much, much better now.

That being said, I still would like to see this work in Accordance. 

• Like 1

Hello Hans,

Where specifically does your text not align with the ESV?  I just pulled it into Accordance and I'm loving it.

See for example Ex 1.1

If anyone can fix this, it would be great and we have this resource in Accordance.

• Like 1

See for example Ex 1.1

If anyone can fix this, it would be great and we have this resource in Accordance.

Perhaps if you change all of the Exo book references to Ex. it may work.  I am unable to test currently, as this text file has somehow burrowed it's way into my Accordance and I'm having to resort to the terminal to extract it.

There might also be an issue with the LF going from the end of Genesis over to the beginning of Exodus.

Pro tip: posting on iPhone is more difficult than I thought it might be. :-)

Hi, Guys!

You may want to pause for just a bit. I understand Accordance 11.1 may offer some improvements in importing Bibles.

• Like 3

Hi, Guys!

You may want to pause for just a bit. I understand Accordance 11.1 may offer some improvements in importing Bibles.

Copy that.  Thanks for the heads up!   :)

Hello

I have seen a few versions of the REB and the best one is from the zefania.net. This is also not flawless but better than any other. 

Edit: I have seen now the zefania.net use the text from the crosswire.org. 

I prefer again that Michael stay in contact with Larry Nelson for his first version of the electronic REB. I have found out, that if too many has adapted the Bibles for a Bible App and another takes this and adapt it for another, that then comes a devolution and not an evolution to the text.

In the time between now and 11.1 is released. So we can start with a solid ground to adapt it for Accordance.

Greetings 

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hopefully, importing a User Bible into Accordance will not again result in me having to resort to going on a shoot and kill expedition in a terminal window on OS X.   :)  Those rm -r excursions can go sideways if you're tired and not paying attention.

Fabian,  I have not yet taken any step in reaching out to Larry Nelson.  Just an FYI.

• 6 years later...

Ha, yesterday and today I thought about this too. 

There is one with Strong's but I haven't got any answer.

I have it on an old palm pilot that I dust off every now and then. 

It seems the version from Kregel would be the best. 

• 1 year later...

Moved this to Module Requests and reviving the thread for interest.