German tagged text?

Ivano

Hi all,

Thanks for the continued feedback here. There's a lot that could be commented on here, especially some significant misconceptions about our efforts to acquire these resources. So, maybe I can help to clarify a few things.

1. We have researched the viability of acquiring a number of the public domain German translations tagged with Strong's numbers. In the process we have encountered several difficulties that have not made it possible at present to acquire and develop them. Without going into a line-by-line reply to every possible text, the significant issues have to do with verifying the provenance of the tagging, and royalties being charged for those we can verify the provenance of. To be clear: we will not develop a public domain resource without being able to clearly discover where the text came from, who did the tagging, whether there are any intellectual rights to that tagging, and how well the tagging was done. We have been burned by this over the years, and especially recently. 

2. We have and will continue to attempt to acquire more modern resources from reputable publishers and bible societies where we are able to come to a reasonable agreement on terms, and where verified electronic texts are available. This includes investing into new resources, e.g. the Leonberger Bibel.

As you can imagine, we receive requests on a daily basis for resources. We have to balance these requests with those that have been ongoing (sometimes for years!), and balance them within our larger objectives for new content, and placement of resources in to Content as compared to Application development across 4 platforms. 

As always, we read every request that comes in whether via the forums, email or otherwise. We do not have time to reply publicly to every request, but we are listening.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for the clarification, Rick, and a blessed year 2019!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The CSV publisher have some meetings at the end of Sept. 20 where they discuss if the Elberfelder CSV Bible should be offered to Accordance. 

So please pray.

Second I would still love to have the Münchener Neues Testament mit Strongs und Anmerkungen in Accordance. Links to the Publisher are on a many sites here on the Forum.  This was available in BW. 

So Helen can't say there are no German tagged texts from a publisher with the rights to sell them. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

ich glaube an wunder welche Gott bewirkt. aber im zusammenhang mit accordance und deutsch schon lange nicht mehr

ich glaube an wunder welche Gott bewirkt. aber im zusammenhang mit accordance und deutsch schon lange nicht mehr

C'mon, Markus, that's not fair! Especially when we have an entire German commentary SERIES releasing in a couple of weeks!

Screen%20Shot%202020-09-24%20at%202.05.5

• Like 1

:)

A sunbeam makes no spring......

I still hope, and contrary to many, I still have only Accordance as a software. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

No fake news. Thanks a lot. :)

I especially appreciate the fact, that we can now buy single volumes. Good progress.

Just considering to buy one volume, If someone has more knowledge about the books, please share. Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I hope the Elberfelder CSV with Strong's is coming. @Mark Allison should know more.

I hope the Münchner Neues Testament with Strong's and the Notes etc. is coming. @Mark Allison have you wrote to the publisher?

I hope the Leonberger based on the Robinson Pierpont 2018 is coming. BTW the RP05 from Accordance is outdated the new is the 2018. Please update it.

3 hours ago, Cole Heiserman said:

Any update on this now? I think tagging German texts would be good

Hast du die Leonberger https://accordancebible.com/product/german-leonberger-bibel-with-gk-numbers-and-phrase-tagging-new-testament/? Vorerst nur NT.

Edited by Fabian