New workspaces and their tabs

spambait11

I've not been able to find discussion about the following, or am searching using the wrong keywords:

I'm doing a word search study and in the process of settling on a Greek word. In the text window, I've chosen my Greek word and use the "All Greek" option on the Tools Palette to open my preferred set of tools. This is flawless and I love this feature.

However when I create a new Workspace 2 and do a search on a new Greek word using the "All Greek" option, all the information becomes updated in the tabs in Workspace 1.

Q: How do I get the tabs to open in Workspace 2 instead?

Also, I've tried using the File > Duplicate command, and while the workspace gets duplicated, all the information in the tabbed windows is gone.

Q: Is it normal for the tabbed windows to be blank? (I know I can just go to each tabbed window and press the "OK" button, but I would have expected all the information to be there automatically.)

I'm using version 6.9.1.

Thanks for any info.

I've not been able to find discussion about the following, or am searching using the wrong keywords:
Spambait:

We do ask you and everyone to use their real name on the Forum, but I'm guessing this is not your real name. ;)

I'm doing a word search study and in the process of settling on a Greek word. In the text window, I've chosen my Greek word and use the "All Greek" option on the Tools Palette to open my preferred set of tools. This is flawless and I love this feature.

However when I create a new Workspace 2 and do a search on a new Greek word using the "All Greek" option, all the information becomes updated in the tabs in Workspace 1.

Q: How do I get the tabs to open in Workspace 2 instead?

You only have three options when you "amplify":

Recycle a current window (my guess is that you may be recycling your current Search All)

Open the new window the same as the current front window, either in the same workspace or in a window

Press
command
as you amplify to always open in a separate window

So, if you want to amplify from workspace 1 and see the results in workspace 2 you must first open a Search All window with the same settings in workspace 2 (or drag or merge one into that workspace), and set it to recycle if it isn't already (command-K)

Then it will update when you repeat the search with a new word

Also, I've tried using the File > Duplicate command, and while the workspace gets duplicated, all the information in the tabbed windows is gone.

Q: Is it normal for the tabbed windows to be blank? (I know I can just go to each tabbed window and press the "OK" button, but I would have expected all the information to be there automatically.)

Yes, we do not rerun the search automatically as sometimes they take a few seconds.

Thanks for the questions, I hope my answers are helpful.

Archived