Unabridged BDB

caorongjin

I have been using both the hard copy of BDB and the Accordance version. Of course, anybody who has used the hard copy knows how hard it is to find words in it (my Hebrew prof called it the "Big Dumb Book" :)). But the beauty of the text is its exhaustive list of the stems and their corresponding citations.

The abridged version that comes with Accordance does not seem to have these citations. I was wondering if Accordance has (I don't think so) or is planning to have an unabridged version of BDB.

Thanks!

Sorry, we have so far been unable to obtain a clean etext of the full version. It would be a bear to do, with all those languages and tiny text, which is probably why Princeton did not attempt it.

Hmm.. that's sad to hear. Thank you, though, for your response.

Hmm.. that's sad to hear. Thank you, though, for your response.

I personally wouldn't hold my breath to wait for an accurate, electronic unabridged BDB. Several teams of scholars have tried to revise it in the last hundred years, and so far, none have succeeded. But IF it happens, you can be pretty sure that the resulting volume will be in some electronic format which will be much easier to create an Accordance module, but no one can say when that will be... So until then, I'm keeping my BDB close at hand!

Archived