Instant Details Action Menu

Greg Terry

This may have been covered elsewhere, and if so, I apologize for the repetition.

When in the instant details dialog box, my first expectation was that the 'copy' button would copy the text in the instant details box instead of the original word that led to the instant details. I know that in some cases the text in the instant details box may be quite long and that may not be possible. However, it would be nice to select all or a portion of the instant details text for copying and pasting into an external document for something like class or sermon notes.

However, I must admit the ability to amplify to my library of resources is pretty awesome in and of itself and is unheard of in any other iOS Bible app with which I may be familiar. Great job!

I also, really liked the iOS Quick Tip email - very nice and helpful!

Thanks!

The earlier version allowed you to copy a word from Instant Details, but it was decided that this change would be more useful. The Instant Details itself would be rather long to copy now that it may include an entire article.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to please request the ability to copy selections of text for a future consideration in the iOS app. Being able to copy a verse is a start, but copying a single word from a tool is not real useful for compiling notes in other apps. A copy feature with the typical iOS handles that allow sizing of the copy area would be an excellent feature addition and move the iOS app one big step forward as an independent app.

Thanks for the already great work done on the iOS app!

Arbitrary text selection is planned for a future release. Note that the "typical" text selection behavior only comes for free in specific iOS system provided controls which we cannot use at present with our text display engine. So we are working towards rolling our own. We recognize the need for this ability.

Thanks for the feedback,

Scott.

Archived