Navigation help with iPhone

David Wheeler

Is there a way to revert back to the original window from which I started a lemma search without going thru all the hits or having to use the go to function?

So, when I'm in Ruth doing a lemma search; and it takes me to the first reference (somewhere in Genesis); if I press and hold the search and select Read; it drops me out at the place where I stopped as I was tabbing through the hits. I don't see an option to get back to Ruth where I started. The right/left arrows don't go back to Ruth.

It opens a new window when I do a search on a word for the lemma, so I just select the tab that was the original one I had open (vice the new tab created by Accordance when I did the search) and I'm back to the text I started in. But maybe you're speaking of something different?

I believe David is speaking about the iOS app which does not open a new view but runs the search in the current search view. And when a search is run the previous location history is cleared since it may not be applicable to the new search results. I agree there currently isn't an easy way to go back to where you were in the text prior to this search.

As Ryan noted the desktop app solves this problem by opening a new window or tab. It was an intentional decision to not open a new search view but we may have to reconsider and match the desktop behavior if we can't figure out a more elegant solution.

Scott

Thanks, Scott. You have stated it more clearly than I. On the Desktop the lemma search opens in a new tab, thus not affecting the originating request.

However, doing a lemma search in hebrew on the iPhone actually works "better" than the desktop; the iOS app strips the suffix & prefix whereas in the Desktop you have to manually strip them off and re-search to get a lemma search.

-David

Archived