Forum Update

Fr. Rusty

Dear Helen and Staff: This looks really nice, wonderful improvement.

A hearty thank you to the whole staff, you treat us very well.

Grace and Peace,

Rusty+

We updated the forums software yesterday, and ran into a glitch which made the entire site inaccessible. Invision tech support was eventually able to find the problem for us, and we are grateful for their support.

The new look and functionality is entirely their work, not ours. It may take a little getting used to, but we hope that everyone will enjoy it.

I am sure that it is my oversight, but how does one make the posts appear with the most recent at the top? Thanks in advance for the help.

Looks good, except the IP.board app doesn't support the menu button that appears in top right (the 4 square icon). So it makes the app somewhat useless - maybe they can fix this. Everything works in mobile safari, though.

I am sure that it is my oversight, but how does one make the posts appear with the most recent at the top? Thanks in advance for the help.

Do you mean listing the newest posts? Try the link on the top right, or click http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Thanks for pointing out the link to newest content. Very helpful. The new format has a clean feel to it. Kudos.

Do you mean listing the newest posts? Try the link on the top right, or click http://www.accordanc...arch_app=forums

no, i got the New Content.

What I would like is when I bookmark the forums is that it comes up immediately in New Content and when I click on a listing of a new post that the most recent reply is listed first in descending order. I have found in the settings for My Content how to set in descending order, but I would also like the posts under the topics to also be in descending order.

What I would like is when I bookmark the forums is that it comes up immediately in New Content and when I click on a listing of a new post that the most recent reply is listed first in descending order. I have found in the settings for My Content how to set in descending order, but I would also like the posts under the topics to also be in descending order.

Gotcha, I think that is set up in the admin back end, but that is for everyone. Not sure if there's a option to let the user choose that.

Yep, just as I thought. After looking through the help on the forum I saw this:

At the top of each topic, there is a 'Options' menu. Clicking this menu will expand the options menu.

From this menu, you can select from the following options:

Standard - this display mode shows the topic in the standard layout of one post above another, in the order selected by the administrator.

From this, I believe the order is set on the forum by the admin for everyone.

The other two options, linear and outline don't allow for sort order either.

Archived