Using dictionaries for word studies

Bryan Bowers

Hello,

The one feature that would really be helpful would be able to do word studies using the purchased dictionaries. I have Thayer, UBS Lexicon, and NIDNTT which I use regularly on my iMac. It would be so awesome to have those available on the iPad too.

God bless,

Bryan

Hello,

The one feature that would really be helpful would be able to do word studies using the purchased dictionaries. I have Thayer, UBS Lexicon, and NIDNTT which I use regularly on my iMac. It would be so awesome to have those available on the iPad too.

God bless,

Bryan

Bryan,

To help understand your request, could you elaborate more on what you mean by doing word studies? Not necessarily your methodology, but your workflow on the iPad? I am confused because all the above lexicons you mention are available already (assuming you have purchased them) on the iOS app.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bryan,

To help understand your request, could you elaborate more on what you mean by doing word studies? Not necessarily your methodology, but your workflow on the iPad? I am confused because all the above lexicons you mention are available already (assuming you have purchased them) on the iOS app.

Thanks for clarifying.

Hi James, thanks for the quick response. When I go into the parallel Greek or Hebrew text, I can click on a word to bring up the original language word, type of speech, inflected components, and a one or two word definition. If I click on the English word I can choose define but that is a general definition of the word, not necessarily tied to an installed dictionary. I would like to be able to access one of my installed dictionaries.... I have not been able to determine how to do that even though they are installed on my iOS device.

Hi James, thanks for the quick response. When I go into the parallel Greek or Hebrew text, I can click on a word to bring up the original language word, type of speech, inflected components, and a one or two word definition. If I click on the English word I can choose define but that is a general definition of the word, not necessarily tied to an installed dictionary. I would like to be able to access one of my installed dictionaries.... I have not been able to determine how to do that even though they are installed on my iOS device.

Ah, I see. I think you will find that the future update to the iOS app will meet your desires nicely. We do not give exact dates on our releases. However, it should be soon. Keep your eyes on your updates.

Thanks for elaborating.

Ah, I see. I think you will find that the future update to the iOS app will meet your desires nicely. We do not give exact dates on our releases. However, it should be soon. Keep your eyes on your updates.

Thanks for elaborating.

Great thanks so much James! You guys have excellent customer service and the product is amazing. It is such a blessing to me in my sermon preparation and personal devotions.

Bryan

Archived