User note won't sync

Irwyn

Hi,

When syncing with my iPhone, all but one of my User Note files will sync. I continue to select it prior to syncing, but to no avail. I'm running Accordance 9.4.3, Lion 10.7.1 and iOS 4 on my iPhone.

Thanks,

Irwyn

Currently the iOS app is limited to a 5 MB notes file. Check the size of your in your user/Documents. That may be the problem.

And make sure you are running the latest version of the iOS app which is currently v1.3.1.

I'm definitely running iOS v1.3.1. The sync window in Accordance shows a size of 0.1 MB for each of my user notes files. So, I'm still at a loss regarding what's going on.

When I look in Finder, the largest user note file is 57 KB. There are 7 or 8 notes files that I'm attempting to sync.

So let's try a couple of more things. First, can you open the problematic user note in Accordance for Mac? Try double-clicking on the note file in the Library window and make sure it opens correctly. Second, you can try removing and then re-adding the user note file in the Library window. This will reset some of the internal information about the file and its location within the file system.

I would also use the Finder to locate the user note file in the file system and check its creation and modification dates via the File>Get Info menu command. Are they reasonable dates and not some oddball dates in the distant past or future?

Finally I would try just syncing that particular user note file over to your iOS device. You can uncheck the other user note files (they won't be deleted off of your device). What happens when you sync? Does it hang, show a progress window, etc?

Scott.

Scott,

Thanks for the suggestions. I followed each step you outlined, but the user note still would not sync. It's the strangest thing. The title of my non-syncing user note is "Old Testament." It'll say syncing 1 of 1, but the note never appears on my iPhone.

Any other thoughts?

Irwyn

Scott,

Thanks for the suggestions. I followed each step you outlined, but the user note still would not sync. It's the strangest thing. The title of my non-syncing user note is "Old Testament." It'll say syncing 1 of 1, but the note never appears on my iPhone.

Any other thoughts?

Irwyn

So I assume the progress dialog comes up in Accordance for Mac and shows the transfer, right?

Please send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info. I'd like to get a copy of the note file to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Scott

• 1 month later...

Look at the files in the Finder and check the size there, please.

Helen, I'm having the same trouble trying to sync "My Notes." The size, in Finder is 168KB, yet only three of the references in My Notes sync.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently the iOS app is limited to a 5 MB notes file. Check the size of your in your user/Documents. That may be the problem.

Hi Helen

Is this limit expected to be increased in the future? I was just wondering why there a limit to the size of user note file for the iOS device in the first place? Are there also limits to the other user files for iOS (user tools, highlights etc...)?

Hi Helen

Is this limit expected to be increased in the future? I was just wondering why there a limit to the size of user note file for the iOS device in the first place? Are there also limits to the other user files for iOS (user tools, highlights etc...)?

The issue is due to the current implementation of user note files, how they are loaded into Accordance, and the small amount of memory installed in iOS devices. No other type of Accordance module or user file shares this combination so they are not restricted in any way.

We are looking at the best way to remove this restriction as soon as we can.

Scott

Archived