Error processing your clipboard contents

Darren Larson

I'm getting this message almost every time I'm starting Accordance. Latest version and Lion. Any ideas? I looked through the forum, but didn't see anything. Thanks.

post-658-046041600 1311658357_thumb.png

Yes, I have the same error.

I get that error also.

This message replaces an earlier cryptic one, and catches an error that used to crash Accordance. We could never determine what the eaxct problem was in the clipboard. If you are getting the error repeatedly, can you tell us what is the last thing that you copied, in another app? Does this consistently give the error? Does copying a simple peice of text fix the problem and allow you to open Accordance?

Weird... I can't get it to do the error this morning, so I have no idea what I copied before. And it wouldn't cause Accordance to crash, I would just cancel and it would load. Happened all day yesterday, and not today. I'll keep trying other things and let you know what I find.

This message replaces an earlier cryptic one, and catches an error that used to crash Accordance. We could never determine what the eaxct problem was in the clipboard. If you are getting the error repeatedly, can you tell us what is the last thing that you copied, in another app? Does this consistently give the error? Does copying a simple peice of text fix the problem and allow you to open Accordance?

OK Helen, I got the message today while starting Accordance... and I went into Word to paste the last thing I copied, and here is what was in the clipboard. It was a coupon code for a website, if you're wondering. I don't know if that's helpful, but it's not an image and is simple text. Let me know if you have other questions. And I have downloaded the latest version today before this.

post-658-094980600 1311813304_thumb.png

One more thing... it seems like it's happening every time I'm copying something from Safari - even simple text - not necessarily exclusively, though (I can't be sure). This is funny because the error tells me to copy some text to remove this error.

This may be unrelated, but it may not. I've witnessed some bugs when copying from Safari 5.1. I use Typinator, a text expansion app, for project development. Typinator utilizes the clipboard when filling out. If I copy something from Safari, then work on a project, then first time Typinator fills a snippet (e.g., cpm --> (corr pr m)) it actually fills with what was previously copied from Safari.

Again, this may be useful and may not, especially since it's not directly related to Accordance. However, it may help in analysis, as it might not necessarily be a bug in Accordance's code.

• 3 weeks later...
We could never determine what the eaxct problem was in the clipboard. If you are getting the error repeatedly, can you tell us what is the last thing that you copied, in another app? Does this consistently give the error? Does copying a simple peice of text fix the problem and allow you to open Accordance?

I am getting this error dialog a lot since the fresh install on a new machine. I get it sometimes just when I bring Accordance to the front.

I was 70% sure the last thing I had copied was a screen shot using ⌘⌃⇧4, but when I brought TextEdit forward, pasting was blank. I have enabled a Clipboard shelf, so when I see it again, I'll report back.

Each time I get the error, I don't even need to copy anything else to allow access to accordance, I just dismiss the dialog.

I am getting this error now for the last week or two, and whatever I do to resolve it, whether copying something as the message suggests, or not and just clicking through, Accordance will open in default mode, with all my window set-up gone. I set up parallel texts and commentaries in two separate workspaces, and all that is gone when this error appears. It's heartbreaking.

First, you should save a copy of your default session so that you can open it if something like this happens. Then if you can work out what it is that the clipboard is storing whenyou get this message, it might help us to deal with it.

work out what it is that the clipboard is storing when you get this message

I'm desperately trying, but while I got the message probably 10 times, I have not gotten it yet since I started tracking my clipboard contents.

:(

Archived