Lion and Widget

rcdeacon

Is the widget broke in Lion? My does not work anymore and there was no new one in the 9.4 download. Not a big deal, just askin.

Thanks Helen.

Hi, Helen

Just in case no one has noticed this yet, I'm having the same problem with the Widget in Snow Leopard after upgrading to Accordance 9.4 from 9.3.3 I have tried uninstalling the widget and its plist, reinstalling Accordance from Time Machine Backup, reinstalling Accordance 9.3.3. Nothing works. The Widget arrives completely "naked" and "still born" every time. No "Copy" or "i" on it, no activity of any kind. I have not downloaded or installed the Lion upgrade.

Thanks for the info re: Joe Weaks "Services." They look really great.

Rev Norm

I am using Mac OS Leopard, and the widget has stopped working after the latest update from Apple, which I cannot remember exactly what the update was, but I want to say a Java update. So the problem is not just in Lion, or Snow Leopard, but in Leopard as well.

Yes, I have the same problem with our widget, and with another one nothing to do with us. I guess this latest SL update broke something in the dashboard. Probably Apple wants to push us up to Lion?

In the meantime, you can try the services scripts put together by Joe Weaks: http://macbiblioblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/accordance-services-collection-released.html

Helen, that looks like a great tool, but I have not upgraded yet to Snow Leopard, since my desktop computer is a G4. Is there another substitute for the widget for older systems until you are able to fix the widget?

The Services Collection looks nice enough that I may need to finally upgrade to a new computer so I can run Snow Leopard.

Yes, I have the same problem with our widget, and with another one nothing to do with us. I guess this latest SL update broke something in the dashboard. Probably Apple wants to push us up to Lion?

Perhaps that is what Apple wants to do. Does this mean that you will not be able to fix the widget?

We're working on a fix.

Thanks, Helen.

I prayed for the work that you all do, and I thanked God for the valuable tool you have provided for all of us who depend upon the MacIntosh and Accordance.

We're working on a fix.

I never used the widget much due to dashboards "flakey" nature. However, I have used Joe Weaks Services scripts a lot in the past few days. It works extremely well. I would suggest creating a dialog box that would allow one to insert verse(s) desired and do an auto paste. The big value to me is that it pastes maintaining the format one is typing. Plus, one can set their own keyboard shortcut in Services. I am confident that whatever Accordance produces will be first class.

Tony Lawrence

Archived