copy problem

johnlee

I highlight the whole verse, that is from "Let" to "Israel," in Ps 69:6, and use alt+cmd+c to copy without superscript, when I paste, only "be put to shame through me,

O Lord GOD of hosts;

let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me,

O God of Israel." was pasted. Those words before the superscript "f" was lost. The version I use is ESVS. Thank you.

I just saw something similar the other day. I was copying several passages from the NAS95S using Copy As->Citation when I had this happen twice. In both cases, everything prior to a superscript italic 'a' was missing. One of the passages was 1st Corinthians 15:12-17. (And I just replicated the problem again.) I don't remember what the other one was. Here's what I got:

is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Copying that 1st Corinthians passage now works fine.

Uh oh. Unfortunately, it's necessary to sharpen the pencil a bit more. I copied Matthew 11:2-5 from NAS95S and got this:

Now when John, while imprisoned, heard of the works of Christ, he sent word by his disciplesand said to Him, “Are You the Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?” Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you hear and see:the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THE

— Matthew 11:2–6

My highlighting was just shy of the superscripted number for verse 6. Note that the end of the text (THEM.) was cut off and the reference included verse 6 even though I didn't highlight any of it.

Edited to add: I also just noticed that the space is missing between the words "disciples" and "and". I also think there's supposed to be a space after the colon at the end of verse 4.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Based on what I found, I went back and checked copying from 1st Corinthians. I found that if I selected the spaces prior to the number for verse 18, verse 18 was included in the reference and the end of verse 17 was short by 2 characters; just as Matthew 11:5 was above. However, there were no missing spaces from that passage.

I hope this is helpful. :unsure:

Archived