Jump to content

Sync problem: Error kAccordSyncDesktopDataEncodingErrorAction


Kerry Magruder
 Share

Recommended Posts

My sync attempts between iOS for iPhone 4 and Accordance 9.3.1 proceed smoothly through progress bars for all the texts, tools and notes, and then fail at the end with a dialog on the Mac stating: "Error kAccordSyncDesktopDataEncodingErrorAction" (screenshot attached). When I dismiss the error alert, nothing has been copied to my iPhone that wasn't there already through easy install. Any ideas what might be causing this?

 

MacBook Pro - OS X 10.6.7, 6 GB free, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 17 in.

iPhone - iOS 4.3.1; 2 GB space free.

I had no trouble finding the iPhone in the "Sync with Mobile Device" dialog.

 

Many thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My sync attempts between iOS for iPhone 4 and Accordance 9.3.1 proceed smoothly through progress bars for all the texts, tools and notes, and then fail at the end with a dialog on the Mac stating: "Error kAccordSyncDesktopDataEncodingErrorAction" (screenshot attached). When I dismiss the error alert, nothing has been copied to my iPhone that wasn't there already through easy install. Any ideas what might be causing this?

 

MacBook Pro - OS X 10.6.7, 6 GB free, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 17 in.

iPhone - iOS 4.3.1; 2 GB space free.

I had no trouble finding the iPhone in the "Sync with Mobile Device" dialog.

 

Many thanks!

Are you trying to transfer more content than your 2GB of free space can handle? I think we're failing silently or in an unusual way when this happens. If you try to just sync one or two small modules does the sync succeed?

 

Scott.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott,

 

Probably so. It is working now, with just some modules selected, and I'll keep adding more incrementally and see if the error message recurs. Sorry to trouble you.

 

PEACE

Kerry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott,

 

Here's what happened: I had enough free space for the installation, so that's not what caused the error message.

 

It turned out to be caused by a corrupted file in Accordance on my Mac. Whenever I tried syncing one particular user notes file, then that sync operation failed and produced the error message. Any sync not including that file succeeded. Realizing this, I tried to open that user file in Accordance on my Mac and it was corrupted. So that was the cause.

 

All is well now, both on my Mac and iPhone.

 

PEACE

Kerry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kerry,

 

Glad you were able to figure out your issue. Regardless we need to add an appropriate error message in lieu of showing our internal error constant.

 

Scott

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...