Instant Details again

Boris Repschinski

I am running Acc 9.3 and have the Instant Details Window set to fade automatically.

Now the ID window works all right except with the German translations I use (mostly the Zurcher Bible, which is a lemmatized text, but not tagged with Strongs numbers). When I hover over a word in those translations, the ID window appears but completely empty and blank. I know there is no useful information the ID could provide since those texts are not coded that way.

So why does the ID window appear at all? It really should not.

This does seem to be a bug.

So why does the ID window appear at all? It really should not.

After some more checking I found out that this seems to be tied to the way the German translations are lemmatized. Using a non-lemmatized text like Buber or Menge-Bibel the ID window remains closed.

The ZURCHER-LEM should be displaying information in the ID box, as it can display both the word you are mousing over and its lemma. If it is not displaying that information you can turn it on in Preferences -> Instant Details. If you check 'English word' it will display the German word that you are mousing over. If you check 'key number' it will display the lemma.

Archived