Valley of Vision

Kevin Sigafoos

• 4 months later...

I love it, too, but we haven't pursued a license for it yet. Anyone else interested?

YES!

+1

I speak from complete and utter ignorance. But while my somewhat illogical mind wants to say it should be like this:

Accordance: "We want to sell x book!

Publisher: "Why certainly it will be $100 and we want a 50% royalty."

Accordance: "Cannot we have a slightly better deal?"

Publisher: "Just for you $91.50 and a 30% royalty"

Accordance: "Great!"

This feels like the way it should go quick simple and with minimal bargaining... HOWEVER below is how it feels like it must go...

ACC: "We want to sell x book!

PUB: "I don't know we already sell it other places."

ACC: "Our customers want it, can we not get it?"

PUB: "Computer says NO!"

ACC: "Can't we hear from a person in the rights department?"

PUB: "Computer says NO!"

ACC: "Please!"

PUB: "All right here is Mr. K: I see your request and computer says NO!"

ACC: "Isn't there a way we can work this out?"

PUB: "Give us a $1,000,000 and you can sell it but we get 75% royalties."

ACC: "That's not a workable model."

PUB: "While give us 6 months to see if we can do better."

ACC: "Why so long?"

PUB: "Computer has to say YES first, it's literally a 1 in 1,000 chance and we can only ask it 5 times a day before it locks us out."

ACC: "Ok let us know."

PUB: "Computer has said YES we can discuss better terms, but only if you can guess the font style it displayed the YES in."

ACC:  "Was is San Serif italic?"

PUB: "Good guess but no it was a Serif BOLD font. Please try again in approximately another 4 months, when we will have an equally bizarre request to see if we can actually discuss things.

Forgive my attempt to add levity and I would guess it is actually is a lot more complicated at times and realize there are many variables needing to be worked out but it really feels very farcical with the amount of time some things take for the Accordance staff work on getting some rights and how some publishers can seem to be very unreasonable at times (for no seeming logical reason).  I wish Accordance all the luck in getting things in place for the many products they would like to offer.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

A few days ago I asked our Contracts Manager to try again to license this beloved volume.

Hi, since it's been awhile for anyone asking - any progress on this? Can any of us help contact the publisher to get more movement on this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anything Banner of Truth would be a plus on Accordance. I just purchased Berkhof's Systematic Theology and was so excited it was available. I hope you all will consider putting more Banner of Truth books on Accordance. Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

+ 1 for me. Not sure if you are still trying to work out a license for this, but I would love to see it on Accordance. 

I added it to my list to ensure we’re tracking it as a module request. I have also directly emailed licensing to get an update on this.

Even when we get a license for books, we then have to pass it off to module developers to work on. They’re working hard to deliver some great new stuff this year.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Reviving this to see interest.

• 1 month later...

Yes please!