wish list

danzac

These are some excellent modules BibleWorks 7 has that I wish Accordance did. Consider these module requests:

~The updated CATSS Hebrew/Greek parallel aligned text (Tov-Polak)

~Greek New Testament Diagrams (Leedy)

~Greek and Hebrew sound Files (the speech in Accordance now doesn't sound very native)

~Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Metzger)

~A Greek-English Lexicon, 9th ed. (LSJ)

~Grammar of Palestinian Jewish Aramaic (Stevenson)

~Greek Grammar of the NT and other early christian literature (Blass, Debrunner&Funk)

~New Testament Greek Manuscripts (Swanson)

~Peshitta (original and an english translation)

Whew! That's quite a challenge.

Some of these are not actually ready yet on BibleWorks, as I understand. Some we are planning to do, some we have worthwhile alternatives already available or in preparation, some are really not worth the effort in our opnion.

It is easy to request modules that you have not actually used but see listed with another software. We welcome recommendations from users who have actually used the materials, whether in other software or in print.

First we have to negotiate a license with the publishers and pay often huge up-front royalties. Then, when we get an etext, we put a lot of work into preparing it for Accordance and cleaning it up. We have lots of good things in the pipeline already, and are all working flat-out to get them ready for release.

Of the ones I mentioned, I can really only see

~Greek New Testament Diagrams (Leedy)

~Greek and Hebrew sound Files (the speech in Accordance now doesn't sound very native)

~Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Metzger)

as not being worth the effort. I'm sure you guys are going to update the MT/LXX parallel database, I read elsewhere on the forum that LSJ is forthcoming, and

~New Testament Greek Manuscripts (Swanson)

Probably isn't entirely essential, CNTTS covers it. I imagine the Peshitta is forthcoming for Accordance as well, you all generally don't gloss over imporant primary works.

I have been wondering if Accordance is planning on releasing advanced grammars for Greek and Hebrew. Blass, Debrunner & Funk as far as I know is considered the standard advanced greek grammar, and for Hebrew it is "A Grammar of Biblical hebrew" by by Paul Jouon, T. Muraoka. I think Accordance chose the cream of the crop for beginner and intermediate grammars, will you be tackling advanced grammars?

Wow...!

Metzger's Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament

not worth the effort?

For exegetical work, I would very much like to see it added to Accordance.

Blessings,

Steve

Okay not worth the effort was the wrong wording :) Don't forget I'm the one who made the request. I too would like to see it (I think his "Text of the New Testament" would be a valuable module as well). I just meant that I could see why it would not be a top-priority module.

Archived