"Importing" A Version

RichRobinson

This sounds like an outside shot, but I am working with a group of people on a fresh translation of the New Testament. Is there any way at all to "import" the translation, which is currently scattered over various Word documents, into Accordance in order to search by Greek/English words or verses? It would be great if Accordance had a "convert to Accordance module" feature.

Rich

There's the User Bible option. I don't know a lot about it, as I haven't used it myself, but you could look it up in the help (and/or the new beta of the online help system).

Lorinda

Accordance does allow you to import your own text as a User Bible which can then be viewed and searched as you would any other non-tagged Bible text. Before importing your text, however, you will need to spend some time making sure it is properly formatted. Currently, your text must use a Roman set of characters (no Greek or Hebrew support, and no Unicode). As Lorinda recommended, check out the Accordance help file. You can easily access the article on User Bibles by selecting Help: Accordance Help from the menu. From the contents menu on the left side of the help window, choose Doing your own thing: User Bibles.

Archived