After update, some problems

jcarlettini

I updated lasted night to the newest release and app still crashes when trying to look for updates, sometimes crashes while searching for easy install, locked up on intro screen, and I still have things in the library that are black and not showing properly.

Also curious, is there any expected time that we will see critical features added such as: paragraph mode, app remembering recently viewed resources and recent location, a back option when searching or switching resources, ability to sync notes, highlighting, just to name a few.

I updated lasted night to the newest release and app still crashes when trying to look for updates, sometimes crashes while searching for easy install, locked up on intro screen, and I still have things in the library that are black and not showing properly.

Did you update from 1.0 or 1.0.1? Are you sure you're running the latest version? (The About Accordance view in the settings should say 1.0.2)

Are you sure you are "locked up" on the intro screen or does the search view eventually show up? If you are locking up, then you can go into the Settings application and under the "Apps" section we've added a preference to remove the last saved search session. By turning this on, Accordance for iOS will ignore (and remove) any previously saved information about the state of the application the next time it is launched fresh. To make sure it is launched fresh, double tap the home button, find Accordance in the list, tap and hold to get it wiggling, and then tap the delete button. This will effectively kill the application if it is only suspended in the background.

Also curious, is there any expected time that we will see critical features added such as: paragraph mode, app remembering recently viewed resources and recent location, a back option when searching or switching resources, ability to sync notes, highlighting, just to name a few.

When Accordance for iOS is placed in the background (or quit on devices that don't support multi-tasking) we save information about the current search view that is open, the settings of the last successful search run, and the current location. When relaunched these settings should be restored. If that's not happening for you then that's a bug and I need more information to try to fix it. We are currently not saving information on whether the library view or any of the views accessed from the library view are open and what state they are in. That will be coming in a subsequent release.

Syncing with Accordance for Mac, additional display options beyond the very basic ones currently present, better navigation between search results and "reading" mode are all actively being worked on and are planned for version 1.1. Syncing with the desktop is my number one priority and is coming along very nicely. We're working through the details now of how to handle "merging" user notes when a user note file has been edited on both the mobile device and the desktop since the last time the device was synced. It's complicated but we want to make sure we get it right.

Scott.

Did you update from 1.0 or 1.0.1? Are you sure you're running the latest version? (The About Accordance view in the settings should say 1.0.2)

Are you sure you are "locked up" on the intro screen or does the search view eventually show up? If you are locking up, then you can go into the Settings application and under the "Apps" section we've added a preference to remove the last saved search session. By turning this on, Accordance for iOS will ignore (and remove) any previously saved information about the state of the application the next time it is launched fresh. To make sure it is launched fresh, double tap the home button, find Accordance in the list, tap and hold to get it wiggling, and then tap the delete button. This will effectively kill the application if it is only suspended in the background.

When Accordance for iOS is placed in the background (or quit on devices that don't support multi-tasking) we save information about the current search view that is open, the settings of the last successful search run, and the current location. When relaunched these settings should be restored. If that's not happening for you then that's a bug and I need more information to try to fix it. We are currently not saving information on whether the library view or any of the views accessed from the library view are open and what state they are in. That will be coming in a subsequent release.

Syncing with Accordance for Mac, additional display options beyond the very basic ones currently present, better navigation between search results and "reading" mode are all actively being worked on and are planned for version 1.1. Syncing with the desktop is my number one priority and is coming along very nicely. We're working through the details now of how to handle "merging" user notes when a user note file has been edited on both the mobile device and the desktop since the last time the device was synced. It's complicated but we want to make sure we get it right.

Scott.

Scott,

This has not happened since after I updated. The first screen would appear and just seem to freeze. I tried a couple of times them turned off my iPad and turned it back on, and it has not happened again. I was at 1.0.1 and now 1.0.2.

In regard to saving my location I am referring to when I change from one reference to another. Since many other reading and bible apps offer this it is a surprise that accordance still does not offer this. As far as a back option, if I am reading a text let's say esvs and do a search of any kind, I am not able to get back to the text I was reading and at the location I was reading. It makes studying very difficult when any time I want to loom into something else via a search or pulling up a different module that I cannot easily get back to the same location.

I am glad to hea the syncing is coming along, I can imagine getting user notes to sync correctly could be a bit challenging. Thanks for your hard work. When these initial basic features are released the app should be great. Unfortunately right now the app is still a struggle to use for anything other then searching for something or reading a module, but I am glad to have those options available.

Forgot to add that we really, really need copy/paste features. I mean bad that is another basic that makes using the app frustrating. I find a great quote while I am studying but it is trapped on my device. Thanks.

Archived