Incorrect info in instant details window in BHS-W4

DLeavins

I will often see incorrect info in the instant details window for HMT-T. Here are the specifics:

- landscape mode

- HMT-T and ESV open together

- The window is showing a verse search result for "2 Sam 14:10" with 3 verses of context.

-example: in 2 Sam 14:10 when I touch hammelek (king) I get lexical info for Elohim (God). (I was careful to check and recheck that I was touching the right word.)

It happens quite a bit, this error of the wrong word's lexical info.

Thanks for looking into this.

I'm on an iPad, btw.

Correction: I meant to write BHS-W4 instead of HMT-T.

I will often see incorrect info in the instant details window for HMT-T. Here are the specifics:

- landscape mode

- HMT-T and ESV open together

- The window is showing a verse search result for "2 Sam 14:10" with 3 verses of context.

-example: in 2 Sam 14:10 when I touch hammelek (king) I get lexical info for Elohim (God). (I was careful to check and recheck that I was touching the right word.)

It happens quite a bit, this error of the wrong word's lexical info.

Thanks for looking into this.

I'm on an iPad, btw.

Something similar happened to me. I had BHS-W4 opened. The window was showing a verse search result for Deut. 18:18 (without context). When I touched the last word in that verse ('atsawwennwu), I got the instant detail about (dibberwu), and that is the last word of the previous verse (Deut. 18:17). I had that verse opened immediately before Deut. 18:18. I had to press the home button and then to start the accordance app again. The instant detail showed the right information.

Surely you do not have the HMT-T on the iPad, as this is not available for Easy Install.

This happens to me as well (with BHS-W4). Accordance often does not display the instant details for the selected word in the verse that is currently displayed, but for the corresponding word in the verse that I looked up first after launching the Accordance app.

For example:

0. Launch the Accordance app.

1. Look up Gen. 1:1 in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

2. Check instant details for the first word (bere'shit).

3. Look up Gen. 1:3 (or any other verse) in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

4. Check instant details for the first word.

5. Accordance displays instant details for the first word of Gen. 1:1, not 1:3 (or any other verse).

My current workaround is to quit and restart the Accordance app.

It does not make any difference whether any other Bible version is open (parallel to BHS-W4) or not.

This happens to me as well (with BHS-W4). Accordance often does not display the instant details for the selected word in the verse that is currently displayed, but for the corresponding word in the verse that I looked up first after launching the Accordance app.

For example:

0. Launch the Accordance app.

1. Look up Gen. 1:1 in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

2. Check instant details for the first word (bere'shit).

3. Look up Gen. 1:3 (or any other verse) in BHS-W4 using the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

4. Check instant details for the first word.

5. Accordance displays instant details for the first word of Gen. 1:1, not 1:3 (or any other verse).

My current workaround is to quit and restart the Accordance app.

It does not make any difference whether any other Bible version is open (parallel to BHS-W4) or not.

Excellent, reproducible case. Should be easy to track down the problem and fix it for the next release.

Thanks!

Scott

Archived