Keyboard not closing after search

Ed Heckman

In experimenting with Accordance, I tried doing a search, and ran into a bug.

The search was for 2kin 2.2 in NAS95, and Verse was selected. Everything else about the search was default. Unfortunately, after I hit Search on the keyboard, Accordance displayed the verse, but the keyboard is still open. In fact, I haven't been able to get it to close by doing anything within Accordance, which means the bottom toolbar (and the ability to get out of search mode) is not available.

The only solution was to tap the home button to return to the home screen, then force quit Accordance from the application list. (Double-clicking the home button.)

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem again.

This is on an iPod Touch.

In attempting to reproduce the bug I've been playing around with search some more. Somewhere along the line, Accordance got stuck displaying the search results bar no matter what I did. The bar was displaying *, Verse, and the number of verses. (I tried opening the search again and selected Words. After tapping Cancel, the results bar then displayed Word instead of Verse.)

Switching the current text did not get rid of the bar, so I forced Accordance to quit. Now Accordance simply displays the splash screen then crashes.

Note: I do not have any atlas or parallels modules installed.

This tip was posted on FaceBook:

Sometimes restarting the app helps with these issues. (1) close the app. (2) push 2 times on the ipad start button to open the multitask window. (3) touch one of the app icons until all begin to "shiver." (4) close the Accordance app by tapping the x. (5) Close the multitask window and restart Accordance.

This tip was posted on FaceBook:

Sometimes restarting the app helps with these issues. (1) close the app. (2) push 2 times on the ipad start button to open the multitask window. (3) touch one of the app icons until all begin to "shiver." (4) close the Accordance app by tapping the x. (5) Close the multitask window and restart Accordance.

Yes. That's what I meant by "forced Accordance to quit." Is there a good shorthand method to refer to this procedure?

Note: I also tried restarting my iPod (hold down the lock button, swipe the slider) but Accordance still crashes.

Archived