Split screen window syncing

Guntis

Currently main application window syncs with the split screen window and vice versa. Scrolling commentary in the split window causes Bible text in the main window also to scroll. Could you add a gesture to turn it on or off? For example, double-tap in the empty space on the screen would toggle sync settings.

This is just like the standard Accordance interface of two panes. One can keep scrolling in the bible text and have the reference tool keep up to date or do reading in the reference tool and have the relevant bible text always there also. If you want to just read the tool without the bible text, open it in its own view.

Yes, it's similar to the desktop version approach. But there are times when some commentary carries me away and then I have to search my way back. Because sometimes it involves tapping some links too. Disabling syncing would be welcome in such situations. One tap and I can read whatever I like, then with one tap I enable syncing again and scroll main window little bit to get commentary in sync with the current verse.

• 1 year later...

There are some logical problems with syncing the panes.

If you have in the panes two different bible translations where the verses are 1:1 connected, there is no problem.

But if you for example have on the left ESV and on the right ESV study bible, the syncing is quite unpredictable in such places where you don’t have all verses on the right side. If you scroll left side to a point where on the right side are verses missing, the right side jumps back to the beginning of the chapter, when you then try to scroll the right side back, the left side starts jump etc.

One solution could be an asymmetrical synchronization. The left side is master and if you scroll it, the right side syncs, but if you scroll the right side, the left side stays. If you want to sync them again, you scroll shortly the left side.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just about to post asking for this feature as well. Often, I like keeping them in sync. But sometimes, I'd like to keep the bible text static while browsing the commentary. This most often happens, for example, when the passage I'm preaching on fits the screen in its entirety. As I read the commentary, I'd like to be able to keep the whole passage in view and therefore, in mind.

Archived