User Notes Formatting and Editing

jarcher

Helen,

It would be very nice if the user notes editor had some type of spellcheck built in.

Also, I'm not sure if this would be a feature request or I simply don't know what I'm doing but it would also be nice if there were some type of "Index" button in the editor window that could take a note and tie it to a particular references in the same way that opening a new 'notes' window on a reference does.

Basically, I would like to have a running commentary without having to open a new user notes window for ever verse. Yet, I would still like to be able to pull up the notes related to a particular verse. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I'm not exactly sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can open up a user notes pane in the search window and have it beneath your search texts or parallel to them, depending on your preference. Then it scrolls with the verses just like any other tool, and you don't need a separate window open to view your notes. If that's not what you mean, then I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Robb Brunansky

www.cbcwichita.org

Rob,

Thanks. I am aware of that feature but I don't think you can actually edit the notes in that window. Can you?

Jeremy:

We are working on a spell checker.

You can only add a note to a verse from the verse itself, and that opens an Edit window. But you can click command-u in the user notes pane to open the Edit window to edit a note, and you can click the arrows in the Edit window to scroll up or down to the next note. There is no need to open a new window for each note.

Jeremy:

We are working on a spell checker.

Great news!

You can only add a note to a verse from the verse itself, and that opens an Edit window. But you can click command-u in the user notes pane to open the Edit window to edit a note, and you can click the arrows in the Edit window to scroll up or down to the next note. There is no need to open a new window for each note.

That is helpful. Thanks for the advice. It may also be nice to have an arrow for the next reference as well as the next verse that has a user note. So that when I'm on Gen. 1:1 and click the arrow it goes to Gen.1:2 regardless of whether or not I presently have a note there. That certainly would make things fast.

Just a thought for the "someday" list...

Thanks,

Jeremy

• 6 months later...
It may also be nice to have an arrow for the next reference as well as the next verse that has a user note. So that when I'm on Gen. 1:1 and click the arrow it goes to Gen.1:2 regardless of whether or not I presently have a note there. That certainly would make things fast.

Just wanted to point out that this feature request was also done and to demonstrate Oaktree's responsiveness to user requests. Option-Click the arrow for the next verse. Another wonderful feature!

Jeremy

Archived