Formatting in Copy as Citation

Steve Lo Vullo

I noticed that if I copy as citation and paste into Word, the formatting of the citation is preserved. However, if I paste into User Notes, the formatting is not preserved. Since the User Notes support bold, italics, etc., shouldn't such formatting be preserved when copying and pasting as citation to a User Note?

Thanks

Steve,

Apparently, putting the bibliography details into the footnote is causing an issue for direct pasting into the user note. Another thread has been started referencing this here.

Steve,

Apparently, putting the bibliography details into the footnote is causing an issue for direct pasting into the user note. Another thread has been started referencing this here.

Tom, I don't think that is the issue for me. I don't have my preferences set to put bibliography details as a footnote. What I am talking about is the fact that when I paste as citation into my User Notes, I get the citation, but the formatting is lost, e.g., italics. If I paste into Word, the formatting stays intact.

This may be a function of the font you are using, which does not display italics in the Edit window. What about when you view it in the actual User Notes window.

This may be a function of the font you are using, which does not display italics in the Edit window. What about when you view it in the actual User Notes window.

Hi Helen:

I'm using Times New Roman. When I view the note in the actual User Notes window, the formatting is not there. If I simply use Copy then Paste, all formatting of the note is retained. If I use Copy as Citation then paste, all formatting is lost, in both note and citation.

Archived