Interpretation Commentary Series

AdamR

I'd like to see the Interpretation commentary series in Accordance. Great for preachers because it is succinct.

While I'm at it... I'd love to see the Westminster Bible Companion in Accordance, too.

+2!

I should've mentioned, I saw in the Westminster/John Knox booth at SBL that they have the Interpretation: Commentary for Teaching and Preaching" available in electronic format on a CD.

I looked the box over and it says Windows only. I asked the folk at the booth what software it runs and they said it runs on its own system. I asked to see it but they did not have it running on any computer.

Looking online, the description says it runs using Folio Views. I've not seen that interface.

Bummer they went that direction.

Folio Views is same interface used by the New Interpreter's Bible when it first came out on CD ROM. Back then it (sort of) worked on Mac, but no longer. At least on the Mac, it was awkward. A far cry from Accordance. I'm surprised and disappointed to see Westminster/John Knox go that way, rather than making their texts available in dedicated Bible Study software like Accordance and Logos.

Lorinda

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover

• 6 years later...

Following up on this thread-- the Interpretation Commentary, Resources and Bible Studies (three series for a total of 69 volumes) are all now available for the Accordance Library as of today. Introductory pricing is available through April 10, 2017. 

See today's blog post for more information.