Reference search errors in Holman Dictionary

Tom Wagler

Hello, I was doing a reference search in all tools and noticed that Holman had numerous errors in it's results. While doing a search for Ex. 12:6 it returned very few relevant hits, and at the same time return numerous irrelevant results. See two examples in screenshot.

Thanks, Tom

post-29902-099353500 1290916808_thumb.png

I don't know if it's an issue with the resolution of the screenshot, but those are clearly chapter ranges (so there should be a dash between the two numbers), and Accordance will find any citation that contains your verse.

If you want an exact match, you need to prepend an equals sign, like so:

=Exod 12:6

I don't know if it's an issue with the resolution of the screenshot, but those are clearly chapter ranges (so there should be a dash between the two numbers), and Accordance will find any citation that contains your verse.

If you want an exact match, you need to prepend an equals sign, like so:

=Exod 12:6

Thanks, that explains it. It appears like it is indeed supposed to be chapter ranges, but the dashes are missing. I assumed that the colon was missing, never thought about the possibility of it being a dash. My next question is...since this is not a screen resolution issue, is this unique to my copy of Holman Dictionary? If not maybe this is something that could be rectified in a future update?

Thanks, Tom

What happens if you change your font size or face?

What happens if you change your font size or face?

Wow! Right again. The font I was using was MgOpen Cosmetica and after changing to Arial the dashes appeared.  ;) Thanks for you prompt helpfulness. Tom

Archived