LaunchBar Scripts

ChristianB

19 hours ago, ChristianB said:

While updating my LaunchBar GitHub repository I also added updated actions for Accordance along with previews and download links. Some of them are still based on the good old AppleScripts by Joe Weaks with some fixes. Others are using URL schemes now.   

BTW: Does anybody know if there is a URL scheme for flex search?

I made a few more tweaks and added two animations today.

• 2 months later...

I just updated the display and paste actions. I rewrote most of the code in JavaScript. They now …

• … can handle more formats when using European Verse Notation (e.g. "1. Kor 1,1.13", "1Kor 1,1", "Apg 1,1; 3,1; 1Kor 13,13"…) even international formats like e.g. "Rom 1:1, 5" 
  • … should work better if you don't use European Verse Notation (basically everything Accordance can handle should work) 
Edited by ChristianB
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChristianB said:

I just updated the display and paste actions. I rewrote most of the code in JavaScript. They now …

• … can handle more formats when using European Verse Notation (e.g. "1. Kor 1,1.13", "1Kor 1,1", "Apg 1,1; 3,1; 1Kor 13,13"…) even international formats like e.g. "Rom 1:1, 5" 
  • … should work better if you don't use European Verse Notation (basically everything Accordance can handle should work) 

I just now also updated the look up action. 

Updated Look Up action… 
- can handle more formats when using European Verse Notation (e.g. "1. Kor 1,1.13", "1Kor 1,1", "Apg 1,1; 3,1; 1Kor 13,13"…) even international formats like e.g. "Rom 1:1, 5" 
- should work better if you don't use European Verse Notation (basically everything Accordance can handle should work)
- is smart about picking research or read view based on what you enter (e.g. picking research for single verses, read for chapters or if the entry contains "-" or ";")

• 6 months later...

I made a few changes to my actions. Some of the new things:
- Integration with Action Updates
- You can now set a default translation without changing the code manually (display/paste actions). If you don't do anything it will pick your default translation from Accordance settings.
- Additionally I added an option to choose a different translation from a list while you run the action

Download and see more info on  GitHub.

• 1 year later...

Here is a question for whoever is still using the LaunchBar actions for Accordance besides me. I improved the recognition of abbreviations in the actions. But it only takes effect if you use European verse notation (see settings). This is because I assume Accordance covers most abbreviations for those who have this option unchecked. For me there are a couple missing like e.g. the German "Apg" for "Acts" … and all Slovene book names and abbreviations. That is what is relevant for me. What about you? Do you run into problems with abbreviations not being recognized? If so, do you have European verse notation checked or not?

I have LaunchBar on my Mac, so I can test anything you want me to. Are these hosted on the Accordance Exchange?

I've been using Raycast as my launcher for nearly six months now.

3 hours ago, Joe Weaks said:

I've been using Raycast as my launcher for nearly six months now.

I’m sure there is cool stuff you can do with the more flexible user interface. Did you build an extension for it? I guess there could be quite some interest. 
I thought I would use some of Raycasts functionality now that it supports deep links. But I don’t. 

8 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I have LaunchBar on my Mac, so I can test anything you want me to. Are these hosted on the Accordance Exchange?

Hi Nathan! 
All my LB actions are on GitHub. Here is a curated list: https://ptujec.github.io/launchbar

Great. Thanks!

19 hours ago, ChristianB said:

I’m sure there is cool stuff you can do with the more flexible user interface. Did you build an extension for it? I guess there could be quite some interest. 
I thought I would use some of Raycasts functionality now that it supports deep links. But I don’t. 

Deep links was a game changer for some.

I might release a Raycast Accordance extension or API, as I did for Quicksilver and LaunchBar eons ago.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I should try them since I have LaunchBar on my system.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I should try them since I have LaunchBar on my system.

Absolutely. No reason not to try them. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Btw: I also have a new LB action for Zotero, if someone is using that as well. 

Edited by ChristianB

Good to know. Thanks!

• Like 1