Copying from BHS

ryangeer

In A9, when I copy and paste from the BHS - there appear to be fixed carriage returns so that instead of

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I get

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

Anyone else?

I just pasted into Mellel and that didn't happen. What program are you pasting into?

Just to verify: do you have Unicode export checked in the preferences?

Just to verify: do you have Unicode export checked in the preferences?

I don't have unicode checked - I never did before either. If I do check that box - it really bollixes the font...

I'm pasting into Pages and never had this problem before. By the way - I own Mellel as well and it does the same thing as Pages.

post-27909-128564221926_thumb.png

post-27909-12856422258_thumb.png

I too am having the same issue with pasting BHS into both Pages and Mellel

I think J.P. has hit the nail on the head. I can duplicate this behavior when exporting as Yehudit. Normal behavior returns when exporting as unicode. This happens in Word and Mellel.

I think J.P. has hit the nail on the head. I can duplicate this behavior when exporting as Yehudit. Normal behavior returns when exporting as unicode. This happens in Word and Mellel.

I too was able to duplicate that behavior... However, the point I am making is that it did not behave this way prior to v.9. Exporting as unicode is unnacceptable for at least two reasons (1) the font is hideous (imo) and (2) the references are in the wrong place...

I have unicode checked and the bhs copy is still not pasting correctly into either Mellel or Pages

I too was able to duplicate that behavior... However, the point I am making is that it did not behave this way prior to v.9. Exporting as unicode is unnacceptable for at least two reasons (1) the font is hideous (imo) and (2) the references are in the wrong place...

FYI -- when pasting unicode from Accordance it's important to remember to change the text direction in Mellel (or NeoOffice, or whatever) to Right-to-Left. Then the verse references are right where they're supposed to be -- at the right-edge beginning of the line.

Also, while unicode Hebrew fonts look very nice in Mellel, the only (biblical) font that looks decent and deals with vowels well in NeoOffice is New Peninim MT. (I've not worked with Pages at all.)

FYI -- when pasting unicode from Accordance it's important to remember to change the text direction in Mellel (or NeoOffice, or whatever) to Right-to-Left. Then the verse references are right where they're supposed to be -- at the right-edge beginning of the line.

Also, while unicode Hebrew fonts look very nice in Mellel, the only (biblical) font that looks decent and deals with vowels well in NeoOffice is New Peninim MT. (I've not worked with Pages at all.)

Actually when I paste unicode the references appear at the left margin, while with unicode unchecked they remain properly in place at the right edge... Regardless - none of this discussion addresses my issue. Why is A9 behaving this way and is there anything that can be done to correct?

Actually when I paste unicode the references appear at the left margin, while with unicode unchecked they remain properly in place at the right edge... Regardless - none of this discussion addresses my issue. Why is A9 behaving this way and is there anything that can be done to correct?

W.r.t. to the unicode, you're missing my point. If you paste Hebrew unicode, you *must* change the text direction of the pasted material within your word processor.

In the first screenshot below, the unicode is pasted in Mellel without changing the text direction (the > symbol in the tool bar, to the immediate right of the full justify button).

In the second screenshot, the text direction is changed to <, which is correct for Semitic R-L languages and you can see the references are right where they belong.

post-29948-12856934628_thumb.png

post-29948-1285693474_thumb.png

We will look into it just as soon as we can get more urgent bugs out of the way.

Thanks, Helen - I realize this isn't a pressing issue. However, it is going to be a bit of a pain as I do my weekly teaching and sermon prep...

Archived