Bug reports for version 9

Helen Brown

We already have some minor glitches in the pre-release of Accordance 9. Please post them as replies here, or new topics in this Bug Swatters forum. We'll fix as many as possible for the public release on Monday.

If you have problems with installation or the file migration in Accordance 9, please contact tech support directly.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting some bleedover when moving around windows. Here is a picture... Basically moved Thompson from a horizontal position below my main text over to the right in a vertical position. This repeats every time. I've restarted both Accordance and the computer..

post-33-128472252659_thumb.png

Hi Helen,

This may be a known issue already, but when attempting to search all, I get a finder window prompting me to find "AGOSP-L". Yet, in my files, the APOG-L file is missing. Unsure what this means, but wanted to inform you guys.

Thanks! 9 is awesome!

When I open up BDAG or Halot in a zone, the text bleeds off the right edge with no horizontal scroll bar. When I increase the size of the zone, there is a dynamic filling of the text to fit the space, but it still bleeds off the right side of the zone. No work around yet.

In the first screen shot, notice the text being cut off on the right side of the zone:

post-29505-128472971666_thumb.png

Here is the same screen, resized - text is still cut off:

post-29505-1284729734_thumb.png

When starting Accordance with my default session from 8, triple clicking a greek or hebrew word opens BDAG and HALOT in a tab, creating a mixed zone instead of a separate zone. Workaround is simply open a new workspace and create a new default.

That's it so far! Really loving the new Accordance!

Forgot to say, in the second issue with the zones not opening in older default sessions - I was unable to figure out how to open a zone for tools to add some dictionaries, greek/hebrew tools, etc. In a new workspace, they open in a zone from the library window, but not in the situation as mentioned above (they open in a tab in the same zone). Is there another way to add a new zone? I have max # of zones set to 4, but everything opens (in a new session) in just two zones. Is there a way to manually set the zones?

Bryan,

I think ours is close to the same.. at least related. I went back and looked at my screenshot and notice that the text in my bible window bleeds off the right edge.

Forgot to say, in the second issue with the zones not opening in older default sessions - I was unable to figure out how to open a zone for tools to add some dictionaries, greek/hebrew tools, etc. In a new workspace, they open in a zone from the library window, but not in the situation as mentioned above (they open in a tab in the same zone). Is there another way to add a new zone? I have max # of zones set to 4, but everything opens (in a new session) in just two zones. Is there a way to manually set the zones?

Don't forget that any tabs can be turned into zones by simply dragging them out. You can also rearrange your zones that way. Finally, any zones can turn back into tabs via the drag and drop also. The preference is basically to set a limit for automatically created zones. When opening a new resource, the general rule of thumb is that it will open a new zone if its type doesn't exist yet. So Timeline will open in a new zone. Diagram would be its own zone, but parsing will go in that zone with it. Tools open in their own zone, but if you split your tool zones into different types (commentaries vs dictionaries, for example), new resources will go into the correct zone.

I know it sounds complicated, but try it! Drag and drop your tabs/zones into a layout you like and just work.

Bryan,

I think ours is close to the same.. at least related. I went back and looked at my screenshot and notice that the text in my bible window bleeds off the right edge.

I think so too. Funny, I looked at your screenshot before doing mine, and failed to notice the bleed over in it the first time!

Don't forget that any tabs can be turned into zones by simply dragging them out. You can also rearrange your zones that way. Finally, any zones can turn back into tabs via the drag and drop also. The preference is basically to set a limit for automatically created zones. When opening a new resource, the general rule of thumb is that it will open a new zone if its type doesn't exist yet. So Timeline will open in a new zone. Diagram would be its own zone, but parsing will go in that zone with it. Tools open in their own zone, but if you split your tool zones into different types (commentaries vs dictionaries, for example), new resources will go into the correct zone.

I know it sounds complicated, but try it! Drag and drop your tabs/zones into a layout you like and just work.

Joel,

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried this in the default session (the one saved from Acc. 8), and it didn't work. If I do it in a new session, then everything works as it should.

This isn't a big deal for sure, but it does add an extra step that some people might get frustrated (in terms of easibility and "it just works"). Doesn't bother me to reset the default session though.

Edit: guess I should add the error that comes up :)

"There is not enough space to move this item into that Workspace or Zone."

Do you get that error even if there is clearly enough space? Or is there less space because you already have a lot of panes and such open in this old default workspace?

Do you get that error even if there is clearly enough space? Or is there less space because you already have a lot of panes and such open in this old default workspace?

Well -- I was able to replicate the setup in a new workspace and open a zone no problem, so I'm guessing there's enough. Just did it again to recheck for this reply.

Do you mind sending me the old workspace so I can check it out? You should be able to attach it to a PM to me.

A9 crashes when I try to load "last session" (under Preferences). I have deleted all my workspaces from A8 and created a new one in A9. However, when Startup->Last Session is selected, the program simply closes when either the icon in the dock is selected or when the workspace is selected from the Accordance folder. Interestingly, if Startup->Default Search Window is selected, the program starts up as it should. From there I can open the workspace I wish and all is well. So, it might have something to do with the startup command.

Try removing the file Startup session from user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Several users have reported that it corrupted.

Maybe I'm picky but why are there corners on these sometimes?

http://f.cl.ly/items/5dd1f4d869532afb552c/Bildschirmfoto%202010-09-17%20um%2017.13.29.jpg

… and the search button looks a bit fuzzy if you click it (Ok … I'm picky, but I guess thats why I'm using a Mac)

http://f.cl.ly/items/e69aad714d30229c9e46/Bildschirmfoto%202010-09-17%20um%2017.18.14.jpg

Try removing the file Startup session from user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Several users have reported that it corrupted.

Do I need to replace it with something or simply delete it?

The issues I reported before about the "Search All" tab opening but not displaying properly may be tied in with some of these other graphical anomalies as well. Another instance is when in Preferences I save the default session, the window looses the items in the list to the left, and the text appears slightly overprinted. Switching windows, or in osx switching spaces and coming back fixes it.

post-29411-128473691394_thumb.png

Do I need to replace it with something or simply delete it?

Just move it to the desktop, so it isn't read, but isn't permanently deleted just yet.

I really don't get the zones thing, but I haven't given up yet. :) However, I tried what you just suggested... I triple-clicked on a word to open it's keyed definition, and it opened in a tab. I moved the tab to a zone. I closed the zone, and then triple-clicked on another word and it opened in a tab. Repeat. Repeat. No change. Am I misunderstanding things?

Just move it to the desktop, so it isn't read, but isn't permanently deleted just yet.

Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem Startup->Last Session still causes it to crash when trying to start A9.

I really don't get the zones thing, but I haven't given up yet. :) However, I tried what you just suggested... I triple-clicked on a word to open it's keyed definition, and it opened in a tab. I moved the tab to a zone. I closed the zone, and then triple-clicked on another word and it opened in a tab. Repeat. Repeat. No change. Am I misunderstanding things?

Keep working at understanding the zones. It's one of the best features of version 9.

When I open up BDAG or Halot in a zone, the text bleeds off the right edge with no horizontal scroll bar.

Comparing my screen with Bryan's, mine doesn't bleed off as badly as his does, which is probably a font issue (I switched to Adobe Garamond years ago so that I could be just like David Lang :rolleyes: ).

Screen shot 2010-09-17 at 11.29.23 AM.png

But at the very least, can I say how really nice it is to have BDAG in the same window as my text? No more lining up two separate windows!

Did the startup session corrupt my workspace? In other words, after moving the startup session to the desktop, should I create a new workspace or can I use one I currently have? As I mentioned above, it's still crashing and I wondered if the workspace is now corrupted.

Archived