Help! - Cannot Connect to Accordance Website

George Lozano

I have a high-speed internet connection at home and three Macs that use it. It has been working great for several years (DSL) with no problems. But as of three months ago, about the time I changed to an even faster cable connection, I have not been able to access accordancebible.com. Therefore, I cannot download recent Accordance updates, etc. My last update was 6.7 several months ago.

I have done the following: (1) exchanged e-mails with Oak Tree Software and they told me there are no problems and no one has reported any problems; (2) I typically use Safari, but tried Firefox - still cannot access the website; (3) I had to buy a new PowerBook this week, which came with 10.4.2 (I was previously using 10.3.9) - same problem continues - I cannot access accordancebible.com.

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations regarding this bizarre problem? I have no other problem accessing any internet site I wish. But when I try to access accordancebible.com it hangs perpetually. This happens on all three of my Macs. I'm actually writing this post on a Windows machine I do not own. Thanks in advance for your comments.

George,

Does the problem affect any computer using your cable internet connection, or is it a Mac-only problem?

Can you see this site which, according to NetCraft, is hosted by the same netblock owner as www.accordancebible.com? If not, your ISP may be blocking that subnet.

If you open terminal and type in (without the word "CODE"):

curl "http://www.accordancebible.com/"

do you get anything back?

Martin

Thank you for your reply. I only have Macs at home. So there is no way for me to know if I am experiencing a "Mac-only" problem. I am currently using a Windows computer from work to access this site. I will try access Terminal when I get home and give your suggestion a try. Thanks.

George

Martin

I disconnected my liknsys wireless router and connected my cable modem directly to my PowerBook via ethernet. I can now access the accordancebible.com website without problem. It seems my router, and not my ISP, is blocking access to this site. Any idea how I can change the settings (or whatever) on my router so I can access the website?

George

I'm afraid I am not familiar with the router you're using. If there's a configuration tool you may want to check what options it has for blocking addresses and check there are no IP address conflicts between your internal network and the accordance site's IP address.

Anyway, I hope you work it out!

Martin

I simply pressed the reset button on my router and now all is well. I am accessing the Accordance website from my wireless PowerBook at home with no problem. What a simple fix -- just press reset.

George

Archived