New World Translation

Chris Echols

Dan,  Thank you for your reply.

I think my modules on the NWT worked fine up until the latest update to 12.2.2. Thus I am talking about a very recent change or adjustment.  After the update (January 8th, 2018 or so) my NWT library was no where to be found. (in the software or it appears in the folders for the software)  It would be hard to understand how Oak Tree would have anything to do with this, since they do not make this version available on their site and don't  make the user module available on the exchange site either. http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange

Therefore, it would appear they would not be concerned if individuals made their own user modules for their own personal use. Unless there is a legal thing here. Someone personally created the modules. I worked on trying to get a module for the  older "literal" 1984 edition. (Lots of time and still not correct) someone else completed the 2013 edition.  I am glad I had a backup for the 2013 module or else it would have been gone.  

Edited by billman

• 3 years later...

Also, just as a practical matter I'm not sure how useful this would be when talking to a Jehovah's Witnness in person. They are very skeptical of anything not published by the Watchtower organization. When talking to them (and say proving the deity of Jesus from the NWT) you will either want to use a physical NWT Bible or use the Bible on jw.org.

Not saying it's a bad idea to produce this, just be aware of the limits of its usefulness :).

• Like 1