The Text "" Is Not Available

Mick Matousek

My User Notes can be opened and searched individually but when invoking amplify ALL USER NOTES, I get the error "The Text "" Is Not Currently Available". I deleted the User Notes preference and re-added each User Notes individually to no avail. Any ideas where to fix ? This last time I received an additional error as shown in the screen dump.... Accordance 8.3.2 Macosx 10.5.8 post-17-125441725167_thumb.jpg

My User Notes can be opened and searched individually but when invoking amplify ALL USER NOTES, I get the error "The Text "" Is Not Currently Available". I deleted the User Notes preference and re-added each User Notes individually to no avail. Any ideas where to fix ? This last time I received an additional error as shown in the screen dump.... Accordance 8.3.2 Macosx 10.5.8 post-17-125441725167_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem. With the help of Helen, we figured out that you need to reset a preference. Go to the User Notes Window preference. Select a bible text under the Default portion. That should fix the problem.

I had the same problem. With the help of Helen, we figured out that you need to reset a preference. Go to the User Notes Window preference. Select a bible text under the Default portion. That should fix the problem.

Thanks Rob. Went to the Accordance Preferences User Notes Window prefs. I reset each to another text. Quit and Restarted Accordance. No change .....

In fact I quit Accordance and moved to the Trash the preferences "Startup session" and "General", restarted. No change....

You can try removing the settings file for User Notes and then adding each one back. It's not clear to me whether it's looking for a User Note file or the Bible text associated with a User Notes file that you have.

Thanks Helen,

It gets better. :rolleyes: I have removed the User Notes from the Library Window, quit Accordance, then physically removed all User Notes, including some shared folder with a few User Notes. So I restart Accordance, and attempt to create a New User Note from the File menu. Command is ghosted out. So then I use COMMAND + U to create a User Note for the NASB text in the active pane. No go, I get this error.... post-17-125442831832_thumb.jpg

Quit Accordance. Then I moved my User Tools Preference file to the Trash. Try again. Now this when I use COMMAND + U. post-17-125442881899_thumb.jpg I cannot do a create New User Tool from the File menu as it is ghosted out.

We'll work at it tomorrow..

Command U certainly won't work unless you have at least one User Notes file loaded. I tested, and when I removed the User Notes settings file from user/Library/Accordance Preferences I can create a new Notes file from either the Notes pop-up on the Resource Palette ort the File menu.

Either you are not following this procedure, or something is really messed up. These kinds of issues are best dealt with by screensharing: iChat on Leopard and especially Snow Leopard, and Skype 2.8 have revolutionized tech support for us.

Archived