KJV Translator notes

William Wingate

I’m not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be wonderful if the translator notes were added to the KJV and KJV Apocrypha modules. 

I believe they're there if you just search in your library for them.

image.thumb.png.6bd18783def2dcc7663364c1eb1109f3.png

That’s strange… I have the Hebrew/Greek Discoverer’s collection which includes the KJV with Strong’s but doesn’t include either the KJV preface or translator notes. It seems odd that those wouldn’t simply be included with any purchase or collection that contains the KJV since they are an integral part of the translation itself. As it is, it seems like they are only included in the English Masters collection. 

oh. I guess you can just read it online then (or purchase it, or upgrade, or make your own user tool!)

William, the translator notes should be in a folder marked translator notes somewhere in your library. There is only one, not separate ones for main and apocrypha. 

They will not be in with the actual text though as in a printed bible but are separated out. 

You can check on your ios device by opening your library and in the top there is a search bar which says search library and just enter kjv and it will show you the translator notes. Not sure where the search is on windows but my guess would be in the library as well but if you open the library you should see the translator notes folder somewhere by scrolling down. 

they will be in your collection, if you get a resource from accordance, you get all of it, its not split in collections and i have the preface and have the same collection as you. 

have you located the nrsv translator notes? The kjv ones should be in the same place. There are a couple of translations that accordance hasnt got the translator notes for yet but the kjv ones are there.

72811C52-5447-46FC-A803-CAEE8393917D.png

Edited by ukfraser

4 hours ago, William Wingate said:

it seems like they are only included in the English Masters collection.

The KJV translator notes are available for individual purchase here.

The KJV preface is available in multiple English collections beginning at the English Learner level.

image.thumb.png.33c3d5d0b6733da292468817c19184b4.png

@ukfraser Thank you for the suggestion. However, as you can see, the KJV preface and notes are not in my library. I can assure you that I've downloaded all the modules that I own. I can't imagine why those modules wouldn't be included with the purchase of the KJV translation itself, and based on what you're saying, it seems like they used to be. Maybe someone from Accordance could explain? 

I suppose this thread ought to be moved to technical support, since the modules I requested already exist! 

@William Wingate you may wish to contact sales to check their record of modules and collections you have purchased.

• Thanks 1

I would recommend contacting sales on this one. They can provide the best solution there.

@Sean Nelson, do you have any additional insights you can share on this?

• 2 months later...

If you had not found the translators preface it is included in the (basics group add on v11)

1611 notes are not included 

After seeing this thread, i checked my account. I was mistaken, sorry for the confusion.

It appears i got this as a free special back in feb 2020. It would have been a listing at the bottom of the monthly newsletter. These offers are repeated periodically so make sure you check to see you are subscribed and also make sure you scroll to the bottom of the newsletter to see what the free resource is. 

as has been pointed out above they are available for purchase though i am still not sure why they are not included with the text module as most other translator notes are. 

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks for reviving this thread! Maybe we'll offer a promo on it again down the road.