Scrolling through text using track pad

RANorem

I have always used the track pad and scrolled down the page of a text I was reading by using two fingers on the track pad. Lately I have found that when I use that technique the text switches to other books of the Bible rather than just moving down the page. Are others having this problem as well. Is there a solution to this problem. Appreciate any feedback!

I'm not sure what's causing your issue, but scrolling through text with my trackpad is working as expected. Have you tried restarting Accordance?

On my system (Windows 11, Accordance 14.0.5), two-finger trackpad scrolling scrolls the text. It doesn't switch books. But if I scroll past the start or end of a book, it will scroll into the previous or next book - e.g. John 21 scrolls down into Acts 1.

Yes, I have restarted Accordance many times and the problem persists, along with some other quirks that are relatively new. Lawrence, I can scroll down and on a given page of text, it will switch to several different books, mostly OT books. 

I just did a test. I was reading Ephesians 6. Starting at verse 1, I used the trackpad and by the time I had scrolled half way down the page, the text changed from Ephesians to Exodus, Job, Genesis, and Ezekiel. Very strange indeed. 

@RANorem my trackpad performs as expected. What MacOS are you using? Some strange behaviors seem to be OS specific. Similar, is your MBP Intel or Apple silicon.

I am using Accordance for Mac 14.0.5, [Mac OS 13.4 2021 16 inch 2021 MacBook Pro Apple M1 Pro 16 GB].

I’m using Ventura 13.4 with my Mac Apple M1 chip on a MacBook Pro. I’m starting to think that I may have to delete Accordance and reinstall it but I’m going to need some guidance with that!

Perhaps email techsupport@accordancebible.com

They have helped me out of many issues.

In the interim, you could restart in safe mode (start holding down the option key), remove your startup session, delete caches, clean up fonts (there are other more drastic options, but I like to start conservatively). Easier than uninstall and reinstall!

I have used the tech support several times and have been very pleased with their help!

Michael, I understand the restart in safe mode but I’m not sure how to “delete caches, remove startup session, or clean up fonts.” Would appreciate your help with those items!

When you restart in safe mode (starting with option key pressed) you should see this window:

Screenshot2023-05-29at7_55_20PM.thumb.png.0e3e8a6dc76dfb4d063c941ff6f78837.png

I have checked options that are more benign. If you select any of the settings, I would be sure you have backup of your settings (always a good idea anyway).

Thank you for your help Michael! I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

I restarted in safe mode and made the suggested changes, but the problem still persists. I will contact tech support. Thanks to all who offered their help?

• Like 1

Ok, I found a solution (nothing else to do during the middle of the night). I had one workspace that had only one text (my primary text open) and I could scroll up and down on that text without problems. So I went back to the workspace that had some secondary texts tied to my primary text. When I deleted them, the problem went away. On further examination, I added the secondary texts back on the menu bar, but this time I tied them back to the primary text and things went well. Apparently I had tied the primary text to the secondary texts from the primary text. That may not make sense, but at least I've solved the problem for now. Again, thanks to all those who offered suggestions and help!

Happy your problem is resolved. The LORD bless you and keep you.

• Like 1

Glad your issue is resolved!