Instant Details Issue

cschfr21

I’ve noticed an issue (which I didn’t see previously reported so hoping I’m not crazy) where the Instant Details highlighting and pop up will show when I tap in the blank space in a margin, as if the Instant Details is tied to the text wrapping. Not sure if that makes sense, but in the screen recording, I am tapping in the white space in the right-hand margin. When I do so, it pulls up the instant details for the first word on the next line (wrapped text). Is this a bug? Or is this how we want it to work?

I can confirm this on an iPhone for NIV, but not for UBS5.

When the top and bottom menus are hidden, it's important to be able to tap on whitespace to get them back so we can switch to a different book/resource.

For that reason, I'd consider this bug/feature of 'whitespace = select next word' to be undesirable.

• Like 1

In settings, have you got single tap for details switched on? You may find switching it off helps. I know some like the feature but i found it just got in the way and i think it is on by default.

57E34A16-BD8E-49EC-862F-3AEA0AC32038.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

I do have single tap turned on and preferred it that way. This wasn’t an issue for me until the update so I’m reporting it as a bug because it seems to be a bug. Turning it off doesn’t actually fix the underlying issue if it indeed a bug. I prefer not to change my settings just to avoid something that doesn’t function properly. If someone can tell me that this is normal and expected behavior, then I can learn to live with if. But if it is indeed an issue in the code, I’d prefer to report it and see if get truly fixed. 

Thanks! I'll file this bug report next week when the office opens after the holiday.