OSB showing in Easy Install even though already installed

R. Mansfield

macOS 13.3.1

Accordance 14.0.5

The Orthodox Study Bible notes are showing in Easy Install even though it's already installed. If I check the box to download, it still remains after the process. 

image.thumb.png.c6c133dcbde1749832b11f038ea55679.png

What happens if you quit Accordance and restart it?  I ask because I saw the same thing when I installed the Nouvelle Français Courant a while back.  But when I quit Accordance, restarted it, and went to Easy Install it was gone.  

In my case this would have been on a Macbook (c. 2019), running either Monterey or Ventura: I upgraded to Ventura recently and i don't remember if I installed NFC before of after that.

But....I just fired up Accordance on the Windows machine at work, where I had not yet installed the NFC, and the same thing happened.  Closing Easy Install and reopening it does change change things, but quitting Accordance and restarting it did.

49 minutes ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

What happens if you quit Accordance and restart it? 

Still there. I even upgraded to macOS 13.4 restarted my entire Mac. 

So not precisely the same issue. Interesting. 

I've got the same issue in Windows 11/Accordance 14: shows OSB in easy install and it doesn't go away when I download and install.

1 minute ago, docdave said:

I've got the same issue in Windows 11/Accordance 14: shows OSB in easy install and it doesn't go away when I download and install.

Also it doesn't go away when I restart Accordance

I had similar Easy Install experiences with down load and install and then I would still see the same file listed again in easy install. I noticed a Download ALL button toward the bottom right of the Easy Install display, and when I pressed that [instead of checking the box by the name of the file reluctantly installing and pressing the Download button], the file installed and cleared the Easy Install list of files waiting to install. If you have not tried the Download All option even for only one file, try that. It worked for me.

—Joseph

Thanks Solly! I just tried the download all option but it still shows up in easy install afterwards. It's not a big deal as the module is installed and working in Accordance...just weird to see it there in easy install every time.

11 minutes ago, docdave said:

Thanks Solly! I just tried the download all option but it still shows up in easy install afterwards. It's not a big deal as the module is installed and working in Accordance...just weird to see it there in easy install every time.

In my case the file did not install.  I ended Easy Install and checked to see if the file was present in spite of the Easy Install available for download messaging—it had not installed. I have run into the case you have, and it eventually gets sorted out somehow.

—Joseph

• Like 1

I see the same thing. I have OSB, and Easy Install lists it to download.

Accordance for Mac 14.0.5, [Mac OS 13.4 2021 16 inch 2021 MacBook M1 16 GB]

Perhaps it's a module issue. I am having the same thing.

Ventura 13.3.1 (a)

Accordance 14.0.5

I’ll report this. Thanks for letting us know!

I've confirmed this in Ventura and Windows 10. Strangely enough. it doesn't happen in Catalina.

I have reported this.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

OSB still presenting for installation in Accordance 14.0.6 and latest Ventura 13.4

1 hour ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

OSB still presenting for installation in Accordance 14.0.6 and latest Ventura 13.4

Fwiw, I'm running this same setup and OSB does not show in Easy Install. 🤔

@Michael J. Bolesta What happens when you hit the refresh icon in Easy install? We added a new refresh icon in 14.0.6.

@Nathan Parker I do not see a a refresh icon on the tool bar or in the Easy Install window. In the latter, the gear dropdown includes Refresh List. Selecting that does not remove OSB from the Easy Install list.

@Nathan Parker I tried download all and OSB still shows up in Easy Install. I confirmed that the OSB and two reading plans are installed. I am on a MacBook Pro with M1 Pro processor.

Uninstalling the OSB and the two reading plans (moving them to trash), then reinstalling does not remove the OSB from Easy Install. Refresh does not do so.

@Nathan Parker My window looks Rick's above. No refresh icon. Just Refresh List in the gear dropdown.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

The refresh list is on the gear. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Good to know about this. I'll file another bug report.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this strange situation with the Orthodox Study Bible being installed, but still showing up in Easy Install. Have tried everything I can think of, then found this thread.

image.png.3b95fe15e409220bd29b8acf0e062ec0.png

I'll see if we can get this corrected in 14.0.7.

Same issue with the same module.

Still exits in 14.0.7b1

• Sad 1

Thanks for letting me know. I've reported it again.