Genesis 31:55 Missing in BHS versions

Kitschlane

To whom it may concern in tech, Genesis 31:55 is missing in BHS versions. Please address.

image.thumb.png.d57e02830aa479253c179f42242527dc.png

Thank you,

GS

Hi @Kitschlane. I may be wrong, but I believe Gen. 31:55 in English versions corresponds to 32:1 in the Hebrew version (most modern English versions have a footnote to this effect).

• Like 2

This has been addressed in another forum thread.

@Kitschlane In the future, please only post these requests to one thread, and double-check your Hebrew and English translations (as Hebrew and English versify everything differently) before posting such requests.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:07 PM, Steven S said:

Hi @Kitschlane. I may be wrong, but I believe Gen. 31:55 in English versions corresponds to 32:1 in the Hebrew version (most modern English versions have a footnote to this effect).

Thank you Steven,

I didn't realize that this happens in the book of Genesis so it through me off. Your correction is dually noted and well received as it was expressed with tact and graciousness. :)

Greg

On 5/22/2023 at 7:26 PM, Nathan Parker said:

This has been addressed in another forum thread.

@Kitschlane In the future, please only post these requests to one thread, and double-check your Hebrew and English translations (as Hebrew and English versify everything differently) before posting such requests.

See my response above to another kind poster. Your response as a representative of Accordance is quite arrogant and rude. People make mistakes and aren't trying to be deliberately difficult. I wasn't completely sure where to post my query (whether it was a bug or technical issue) so I posted it in both locations, all you have to do is make a note to reference the other thread with a comment to post in one location only, I didn't think it would be such a problem for you to handle - sorry for the inconvenience. 

@Kitschlane, when I worked for Accordance we got this sort of question hundreds thousands of times. Actually, the differences in versification between the various texts is a real issue when it comes to synchronization. What's cool is if you scroll to Gen. 31:55 in your example, the appropriate content will be displayed in the BHS. You don't need to worry about verse numbering, because Accordance will always sync the appropriate content for you.

Also, I'm sure Nathan didn't mean to be arrogant or rude, though his post was a little blunt. 

Edited by Mark Allison

8 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

@Kitschlane, when I worked for Accordance we got this sort of question hundreds thousands of times. Actually, the differences in versification between the various texts is a real issue when it comes to synchronization. What's cool is if you scroll to Gen. 31:55 in your example, the appropriate content will be displayed in the BHS. You don't need to worry about verse numbering, because Accordance will always synch the appropriate content for you.

Also, I'm sure Nathan didn't mean to be arrogant or rude, though his post was a little blunt. 

Hi Mark,

You are right, I had forgotten about this issue when I posted, that it happens in other locations other than Psalms. It was a lapse that occurs when someone is doing and experiencing too many things at once. I should have actually read the Hebrew more closely, but this discordance through me off. Regarding tone of message, I truly appreciate your diplomacy toward both him and me, but this isn't the first time I noticed this attitude in posts. I too am a good paying customer who has sunk many thousands of dollars into this company and program, but my thoughts and requests are often dismissed or shelved in such a "blunt" manner.

Thanks @Mark Allison for your comments!

I wasn't intentionally trying to be rude, and I am sorry if my post came across that way. We're receiving our share of bug reports and module corrections, and I have to be careful to ensure I'm forwarding on bug reports or module corrections that truly need to be addressed so our teams aren't spending time attempting to resolve issues that aren't actually issues.

When a customer files a report in multiple places, that can slow down the process and make it difficult for us to sort through our incoming bug reports and module corrections. Also, I always recommend customers take a few moments to attempt to reproduce the bug (if it's an Accordance app bug report) or double-check if there is an issue with a module needing correction before sending in a report, as that reduces the amount of "non issue" bug reports/module corrections we receive so we can focus our efforts on resolving issues. I have to be careful that I don't turn into the boy who "cried wolf" when sending in reports.

• Like 1