Genesis 31:55 Missing in BHS versions

Kitschlane

To whom it may concern in tech, Genesis 31:55 is missing in BHS versions. Please address.

image.thumb.png.2d33821fb87ffe961eff73deb2f78d48.png

Thank you.

GS

Gen 31:55 English = Gen 32:1 BHS

LSB Gen. 31:55 And Laban arose early in the morning and kissed his sons and his daughters and blessed them. Then Laban departed and returned to his place.

BHS Gen. 32:1 וַיַּשְׁכֵּ֨ם לָבָ֜ן בַּבֹּ֗קֶר וַיְנַשֵּׁ֧ק לְבָנָ֛יו וְלִבְנוֹתָ֖יו וַיְבָ֣רֶךְ אֶתְהֶ֑ם וַיֵּ֛לֶךְ וַיָּ֥שָׁב לָבָ֖ן לִמְקֹמֽוֹ׃

Tree of Life Verson which uses Hebrew chapter and verse:

Gen. 32:1 ¶ Early in the morning Laban got up, kissed his grandchildren and daughters and blessed them. Then Laban left and returned to his place.

Edited by Gary Raynor
  • Like 3

Thanks @Gary Raynor for clarifying this.

On 5/22/2023 at 6:04 PM, Gary Raynor said:

Gen 31:55 English = Gen 32:1 BHS

LSB Gen. 31:55 And Laban arose early in the morning and kissed his sons and his daughters and blessed them. Then Laban departed and returned to his place.

BHS Gen. 32:1 וַיַּשְׁכֵּ֨ם לָבָ֜ן בַּבֹּ֗קֶר וַיְנַשֵּׁ֧ק לְבָנָ֛יו וְלִבְנוֹתָ֖יו וַיְבָ֣רֶךְ אֶתְהֶ֑ם וַיֵּ֛לֶךְ וַיָּ֥שָׁב לָבָ֖ן לִמְקֹמֽוֹ׃

Tree of Life Verson which uses Hebrew chapter and verse:

Gen. 32:1 ¶ Early in the morning Laban got up, kissed his grandchildren and daughters and blessed them. Then Laban left and returned to his place.

Thank you Gary,

You are bang on, my mistake. I didn't realize this change-up occurs in Genesis as well - I should have read the correlating Hebrew passage in 32:1, I forgot that this happens from time to time. Thanks for clarifying.

If only the English Bible translators would have kept the Hebrew Book arrangements and "versification", things would be simpler. :-) It might have something to do with the LXX though. 

Maybe we need to make a video podcast about this sometime.